• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Blender2P3D/FSX for Blender 3.x

Dave_W

Resource contributor
At least I hope so.

DISCLAIMER: I only have FSX SP2, so there might be some thing(s) that I've missed. Also, I'm a Python noob.

I've been using this toolset since 3.1 without any problems. I'm making a VC with 3D steam gauges. The little work that I've done on that lately is all the testing it has had.

It would be nice if someone with the latest P3D version will give this a try.

The changes I made to the toolset are to version 0.98.34. I got it from the link in this reply.

I did a quick test with Blender 3.3 LTS. I animated a needle on the default cube for an airspeed gauge and it works in FSX like it should.

If you are going to try this, I highly recommend that you make some new, simple thing that won't take much time, but uses a similar workflow to an object that you might actually make. That way you won't have wasted too much time if there is a problem caused by something I've missed. Because, I might not be able to fix it.

If you get any Python errors, please get them from the Blender System Console. One way to open the console is Window->Toggle System Console. The Python error will be at the bottom.

Just highlight with the mouse the error that starts with "Python: Traceback (most recent call last):" and probably ends with "location: <unknown location>:-1" then Ctrl C to copy it. Anything before that isn't needed. Either put the traceback error in this thread using code tags, or paste it into a .txt file and PM it to me.

Good luck to anybody brave enough to try this!

Attachments

• Blender2P3DFSX 0.98.38.zip
    85.8 KB · Views: 229
Thanks for your stuff.
Il will try as soon as possible ... if I got time :cool:

@Dave_W

I was able to save/ export a simple object for P3D v4.5 and v5+. It wasn't animated or with any attached points as of yet, but I can say that the "Export only current selection" boolean box checked worked as expected (wasn't working consistently in v2.93.10). Will do more testing later today!! So far - very Good!!

Thanks, Dave!!! You are not so much a noob (semi-noob, maybe 😁 ) at Python as you thought!!

To Everyone else: there is a zip version of v3.3 - you just need to change it here:

2022-09-08 09_13_33-Download — blender.org.png

Last edited:
The new release of the Toolset (v1.0.2) is available in the Resource section or Here.

EDIT: Resource section and mirror site for Current Toolset! v1.0.19.

Last edited:
The toolset has had a minor update to version 1.0.3. It is in the Resources forum.

The update makes the export of P3Dv5 and up clearcoat textures compatible with the MCX Material Editor.

@Dave_W

Thank-you for your work on this.
I believe there is a breaking change in blender 3.3 where Shader nodes ShaderNodeSeparateRGB are change to ShaderNodeSeparateColor and the outputs are changed from R,G,B to Red, Green, Blue.
If people want to use this in Blender 3.4 plus another breaking change is shader node ShaderNodeMixRGB has changes to ShaderNodeMix. AND the outputs and inputs are changed completly. Also using inputs['R'] type of coding seems to not work and should be changed back to inputs[0]. At least for the Mix node changes as you see they are now inputs['A'], but that is no longer unique with changing the Mix node type to. you now have inputs[2] and outputs[7]

Since 3.4 is gone and 3.5.x will be replaced with 3.6 LTS next week. If people want to use this exporter for upcoming P3D projects changes are needed.

Do you have a git site? Maybe I can provide you with a PR.

Blender 3.1
DA40_CGDFQ_2023.06.25_15h32m53s.png

Blender 3.6

DA40_CGDFQ_2023.06.25_15h33m8s.png

Last edited:
As an update something like

Code:
        import bpy
        # create the metallic/smoothness/occlusion texture and operation
        if(bpy.app.version < (3, 3, 0)):

rgb_separate_node = CreateNewNode(Material, 'ShaderNodeSeparateRGB', "separate R", location=(-850, 0))
        else:
            rgb_separate_node = CreateNewNode(Material, 'ShaderNodeSeparate', "separate R", location=(-850, 0))

Back