Cannot find the _xtomdl_err.log file

okay guys,
I have just bought FSDS and have had problem after problem!, I managed to fix some, but am having no luck with this one. I try and compile an object, create fs project file etc... I used to have so many errors and have fixed all of them.. until i get to this!! It opens notepad and displays that error. Please help, I have the xtomdl.exe located fine too...

windows 10
fsx gold edition
FSDS 3.5.1

tgibson

Resource contributor
Do you have the program installed in any Program Files folder? If so, uninstall it and re-install it outside that folder?

Hi thanks again,

It will now let me run as admin, but... with anything I do there's always another issue ;-)

On loading it now displays the error:

"The program can't start because ImageDev.dll is missing from your
computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Any ideas?

thanks

tgibson

Resource contributor
Check for the file ImageDev.dll in your FSDS folder. If it's not there, it did not install properly. Install again.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Apparently the dll file did not register itself during the last install. I think uninstalling and then installing yet once again to a folder outside any Program Files folder may be your only choice.

This link:

http://www.dllcopy.com/fix-errors/ImageDev.dll.html###

says you may need a copy of the file in the Windows folder system:

"If that doesn't work, you will have to extract ImageDev.dll to your system directory. By default, this is:

C:\Windows\System32\ (Windows XP, Vista, 7,8)

If you use a 64-bit version of Windows, you should also place ImageDev.dll in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\"