• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Cannot get autogen trees

tylerpilot

Resource contributor
Messages
254
Country
unitedstates
Cannot get autogen trees *solved*

I am using Annotator.exe to add autogen trees to my photoscenery airport. I add the AGN files to my scenery/texture folder, and copy to autogendescriptions XML file to the FSX/autogen folder. However, I still do not see the autogen trees unless I open Instant Scenery II (Instant Scenery displays differently that FSX).
 
Last edited:
Hi,

Did you alter the XML? Else you don't have to copy it. Also if the SPB file is still present the XML is not used.

I don't understand how instant scenery is involved here, as far as I know it doesn't display autogen. That is only for XML placed objects.
 
Hi,

Did you alter the XML? Else you don't have to copy it. Also if the SPB file is still present the XML is not used.

I don't understand how instant scenery is involved here, as far as I know it doesn't display autogen. That is only for XML placed objects.

Hi,

I did alter the XML file, is it supposed to be altered from the original? I did also remove the SPB file and replace it with the XML.
I mentioned Instant Scenery because it displays objects that FSX normally doesn't show. So I know the trees are there, but FSX isn't showing them.
 
You only have to alter it if you want to use your own custom models.

Does it work when you use a default vegetation class?
 
But then you don't have to alter the xml or remove the spb file.
 
But then you don't have to alter the xml or remove the spb file.

Hi,

I restored the original SPB file. I will check to see if that is that what caused part of the problem.
 
Last edited:
Now some of the trees are showing, and some aren't. I have autogen setting set to max.

EDIT: I fixed the problem. I had an object at my airport that created large boundary which was excluding the autogen. Thanks for the help!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top