FSXA Can't find the GO command for a simple Pylon race

I made a simple flight plan from airport a to airport b with 3 waypoints between.
then used FSX Mission Editor to generate the mission.

I added a
New SimMission.RaceInfo
New SimMission.PylonRacePoint 1
New SimMission.PylonRacePoint 2
New SimMission.PylonRacePoint 3

For 3 sets of 2 Pylons
New SimMission.Player 1
for a single player
New SimMission.RaceClockStartAction
New SimMission.RaceCourseActivateAction 1

Then after spending two days reading
i changed the
New SimMission.PylonRacePoint 2
New SimMission.PylonRacePoint 3

to
New SimMission.GateRacePoint

I tied a
New SimMission.RectangleArea 1
to a
New SimMission.ProximityTrigger
and added
New SimMission.RaceClockStartAction
New SimMission.RaceCourseActivateAction 1

to Enter action
then

to Exit Action and every other variable I could think of.

I get flight started ok
I get
New SimMission.PointOfInterestActivationAction
working ok
But the race never starts.

I have edited the
enter and exit actions really high 600 to
really low 3

Added Dialogs and timers// to test. but can't find out how to get the race started.

I have gone through the tutorials but must be over looking the obvious
Please how do we start a race?
Many thanks.

Is the mission Multi-Player?

Does the mission load as Free Flight?

More info for more suggestions!
Thanks for the reply. After rereading things I see I was brain dead and totally confused as to my goals.

However I have re started this 198 times and here Is where I am at.. So far so good.

Just the beginnings on Visual appeal, I do that part last.

Actually I flew it collision on usually but for the video I did turn collision off. I have the course lay out about done. Would have it done except for GMAX not playing well. I do Have a question though.

If you use the Mustang P51 racer or the Zivko_Edge_540_FSX you can make the exit climb without too much trouble if your at 140 knots when you make the turn to fly out. However if using the Extra300 or the ChipmunkV3,,, well the ChipmunkV3 has almost no chance but the Extra300 I can get out 1 in 5 trys.

Here is the question. Is there a way to boost the power to a aircraft with SimVar for a few seconds to give those 2 aircraft a 2 or 3 second power boost to get them out?

Oh goodness testers? that would be wonderful!

Last edited:
You might try adding the 'nitrous system' option to the aircraft.cfg - this is built into the Extra 300 S (Accelerationn) but might be added to 'normal' piston engined aircraft? I think the nitrous addition can be toggled with SHIFT+C and you can check nitrous use status in a standard PropTrig, so no need to use SimVar unless you want an automatic/mission-controlled power boost.

The above is from memory and looking at the SDK - no real experience, I'm afraid!

Good Luck!

Cheers - Dai.

drdavid
You might try adding the 'nitrous system' option to the aircraft.cfg - this is built into the Extra 300 S (Accelerationn) but might be added to 'normal' piston engined aircraft? I think the nitrous addition can be toggled with SHIFT+C and you can check nitrous use status in a standard PropTrig, so no need to use SimVar unless you want an automatic/mission-controlled power boost.
Thank you and Thank you Sire!
I did add 'nitrous system' and the 'Anti Detonation' However I was unsuccessful in adding a 'Gauge' that worked properly so I used SimVar to post text every 10% once they drop below 70%. And that I realized was a waste of time as I would have to edit users aircraft.cfg files.

I created a HUGE race in small somewhat (I think) European nation, Kazakhstan, It is so large you run out of fuel, nitrous' and 'Anti Detonation' So being it is a TIMED event, I figured if your time is below a certain figure you were eligible for in flight refueling.

That brings me to the short list of items to be figured out and completed. and I found that a pace plane at the start to show new pilots the starting Checkpoint will only be successful with a Video in game.

I set it up to play when the pilot chooses their Plane and it is fueled and apply power after Take off Clearance from the Baron, However, The massive race files come apart when I de-compile them.

Are there any tutorials? So to get this out in a shorter time period I cut the race into 3 sections,
Qualifying. Rookie and GoldenOrb. Once I get the Pace plane Video to go from the runway to the first gate I can set the Qualifying race available to test.

I could sure use some suggestions!
Many Thanks for reading,
Meows