• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Cant merge textures

Country
norway
Hello

I am a novice in scenery design and have done most of my airport so far in ADE. Now I am at the stage where I learn to model and texture buildings. I use Scetchup for modeling and make textures in Gimp. The modeling goes pretty well and I am slowly getting the hang of textures (hopefully).

I make the textures in Gimp and export to .BMP and then applying in Sketchup.
In McX I get a warning that two of my textures is not in the Power of two so I convert them via the mass texture editor.
y4mpVFcXjVv-7zdSLiJFsQkjQ9GVPVSjf_D2_Z6xFc59bZAoz7UvSb64yAdvBFABYkdvNCXAbIuJYGn7QiuxIm2M4i_zSVXhtiNy0-3CNe4XmjSHoAIaZ8e283pVEhl_aLXL0dNUzUgBHiVAnaDALVHx10VGDPcgNu335turUnEU1JFhVCUjMhaDfpR9y9quGwCXNqcpGAXO36WULmeJrHgMA

Then I use the Minimize Drawcall function to combine textures.
y4mqcOur3lXmdEWDTqMLO2Widgk4geZzua4xSDf4oNhOvCC4-n8q0cxPwDyODtgWkxelr0kXKZwSdi0ZSf0aHb7fyfKvRKbWUTJ7-UV-WaKHUfr0aApS_9d-_A9FL2TWWfvR6CcuXScqWBy525VF6AZ9OvyyndHjLuzMifeY3W7efxKLIt32KWiaFJ_BLZtekmQT9Jt82RglmCwFMs_1fo-WQ

But it doesnt merge any textures but creates a New blank 1024x1024 sheet. See the output folder image below
y4mTy0XLp2tWKFVcREt6CQGk_rsat4-09iVNVTXuIcA2fN3Kvo-SOQSut9o5Zc8jPxFh3BWT9XWdUr_NE3MyJgr7q9vSurv1nMkEkgfDsmcF6QdkskB5xoR-ALSRBx1tNQKaIdt8HktUrjaDWIQBD5Du_KUGqpJGhHzFwMqvywxbrNFBq4QKFbOQePchp8I6oEXCcxl80QrVRgk-MVakMqwgQ

I am wondering if I am doing anything wrong or if this is a settings issue. Hopefully someone can shed some light to help me out.

Some of my settings:
y4m3dcp_m3rjxeVvQwKIS_pQ-c5hbzep7wLXS-6U1-snyci-9RfflM3UFSutD1IvwTTfUnMRw_DjYOfwja09X_2FYPld2bjANY0FfYWGX-3MRmJPsunBokwaSs5HK_gbrOXpjfXvbxM-I42jk191q28GneU7CtCgjEGfE9JRdxaA3YQp2eXoOg5mYMnNxpgvsOLzXOBv3-9sCr_896jcTfabg

y4mVPqmt02WnJTGrAF4LnRe_cfbw_2P-W89HeShHccUIl3OReziNKjnAcGxJ_P1TKTiECdmW4wUeoAWs322diqTg1F81w5r_sfOcozlON6LzFq7SFr_TbO6WWS_nIaCLbqwLB9BGBmkSdD5_ZOa01lth-bbd1iDMNbmA9ki8eort9n3o_ZDiYWdFtgJDKidg2kQzGqaMg1rQnr3XGkjfbeJ3Q

Below an image of the Hangar so far
y4mkNRvmoyruMfFJNUyUC0BCbGExWH8Jj68RhzLYrXvDkI5_Uwg6H7wh__cAWNLW_OKXXTQIjwz22ROgvqUR7ZTtEkGzvU2JQMqHNDcAiSVpSNiSbvlTfvN4JeaeEk3v7J3je4MDkmb7HB6V9GI-ZfkJSujZb8s1YZKlrs8o2OJgkeX1TV7FDK1wsPFcWHwQy48aGJJFn6K1ESRHmdt805k3Q

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I suspect you have tiled the textures in SketchUp, which means it is not easy to combine them into one texture sheet. Could that be the case?

Also I see you are using the old version 1.3, the latest development release has an improved drawcall minimizer as well. But if the problem is the tiling the new version can't solve that either :), although it allows you to try different texture sizes more easily.

Country
norway
Hi Arno
Thank you for the reply.

Surely the textures are tiled as you suspect. So I would be better off trying to make all the surfaces within one texture sheet then.

I didnt even know I had an old Version of Your software. I will surely update it.