Check Texture Sizes Question

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hi,

We have a building where the tower part is clear, but the main building is blurry. This building is composed of several objects and uses more than one texture.

We decided to try using MDL Tweaker to get the blurries fixed, but are confused about how that works. I selected the blurry texture in question from the listing at the top of the box, and then pressed the Check Texture Sizes button. The highlight in the texture listing jumped to the texture listed first, and nothing else appeared. I didn't notice the texture size number change. Then we pressed the Update Texture button.

While the blurries seem to be gone, I am confused about what happened. Did MDL Tweaker check all the textures, or just the one selected? Did I need to press the Update Texture button, and in that case was it really an Update Texture*s* button?

Thanks,

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Tom,

I would have to find back the code to really tell you what happens, but if I remember correctly that function works on all textures at once, not only on the selected one. Not sure about the update button.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Thanks. I know you are no longer developing this tool, but I was just hoping we did things right. :)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
It sounds you did everything right. I think the label of the button should be "Update textures" instead, since that is what stores all changes you have made.