• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ClickTeam Installer

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Messages
3,924
Country
thailand
Hi Guys,
Simmarket stops making installer for FSX and FS9 product. So, I need to make installer myself. I use Install Creator 2. It is easy to use. I am getting to familiar with it. I am not a computer guy nor programmer, so my knowledge is limited.
I tried to search but I cannot find the easy answer. I have 2 questions which I think here is the best place to ask:
1. How can you make the installer read the scenery.cfg and add the new scenery for you?
2. How can you make the installer read the registry and let it install to the specific folder? Let say, user install their FSX in D:/Flight Sim/.. I need to install to the root folder of FSX where FSX.exe is ( or FS9.exe in the case of FS2004)
Any suggestions or video link I would be really appreciate. I wish I were a boy, I would choose to be a programmer instead of my work now...ha ha.
 
Watching this. I have wondered this also. I install planes, so thankfully I do not need to search through and modify the scenery config.
 
I hate installers, because they made in the past things I never had done. I am using only FSX and installed planes and sceneries without any installers. It is very easy to install manually and than I know where the files are. Never need to change planes or sceneries in the registry or FSX.exe.
 
I hate installers, because they made in the past things I never had done. I am using only FSX and installed planes and sceneries without any installers. It is very easy to install manually and than I know where the files are. Never need to change planes or sceneries in the registry or FSX.exe.
Not every user knows about computer. I had one customer years ago. I asked him to move the file from the folder. He answered me "what is folder?". He knew nothing about computer.
 
Sorry, I never studied Informatic but jurisprudence. As I began my hobby I tried to learn about FSX because I was interested. And if you read the readme of the most addons you can can handle the installation. Sometime the installation is complicate and you need an installer, but seldom.
I say another time sorry, but if I see the word installer I become red in my face. It is my fault.;)
 
Sorry, I never studied Informatic but jurisprudence. As I began my hobby I tried to learn about FSX because I was interested. And if you read the readme of the most addons you can can handle the installation. Sometime the installation is complicate and you need an installer, but seldom.
I say another time sorry, but if I see the word installer I become red in my face. It is my fault.;)
No problem at all, Flattermann.
 
Back
Top