• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Control Panel

Messages
89
Country
australia
Hi guys,

I'm creating an airport on a large scale and I'm hoping if someone can tell me how to make a control panel so the user can change what objects they want visible to best suit their computer (yes, I'm taking the Orbx approach :) )

Thanks
 
well you can make it with some batch files, it is not easy and no user friendly. The other way is to make a .NET application which renames the .bgl files to .bak or something else and then rename to .bgl when he decide to restore them.


Regards,
Dimitris
 
Thanks for the replies. I don't have any experience with actual coding, I was just wondering if there was some application or other way around it.
 
It would be easy enough to write a small application that would do the work. I would say there is no pre-written app to do this for you however. It would get its input from data files for a specific project and then let the user select different levels.

FS has a built in method of controlling what objects show up. Users can set the Image Complexity for the Sim. I don't think designers are particularly good at deciding what objects at an airport should appear at different user settings. Stock airports will show a few things at SPARSE and more as the complexity level is increased.
 
Well I have made multiple bgl files which would correspond to what amount of scenery objects show up (ie cars1, cars2 and cars3), but haven't changed the complexity, so I may have to go for the first option.
 
Back
Top