• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Cork EICK

Just a quick comparison shot...

IMG_0928.jpg


screenshot231.jpg

:eek:
nough said.
 
Is all of that detail ground polygon work? I am just starting to work with ground polygons and was curious how long this work has taken you.
 
Yes it is all ground polygon work but the night textures are very tedious work. I have 120 tiles altogether and each one had to edited one by one and then made sure that they all match up with lights etc which is a nightmare but when done correctly gives a good result
 
Yes it is all ground polygon work but the night textures are very tedious work. I have 120 tiles altogether and each one had to edited one by one and then made sure that they all match up with lights etc which is a nightmare but when done correctly gives a good result

Yeah, there seems 2 ways of doin airports, either using ground textures or using tiles from gmax. Given of the location of my project airport and my skill level which is below amateur I decided to go with ground textures given the fact that you can use blendmasks etc and it's easier to work with in my opinion even though quality will decrease. A problem I have is blending between gmax polygons and the textures. I guess I could always blend the edges or make border grass but eitherway I still have a long way to go. It seems you are quite the pro at this. Is this going to be a payware project and how long have you been making scenery?

Cheers
 
Added some light poles with effects..(took out the buildings in this picture)

Untitled-50.jpg


Untitled-51.jpg
 
Last edited:
If it is going to be produced for FS9, you have a new customer! :) Your work is getting much better since the Dublin was released.
 
Yes this will be for both fs9 and fsx. I agree with your point re Dublin, I have learnt a LOT since then and Cork is a huge leap forward.
 
I would like to re-do Dublin fully at some stage in the future with aerial imagery etc but I have no immediate plans..Cork will be released hopefully in the next 2 weeks and then i'll see what after that...
 
Hi smithte,
you think of doing a up date of galway airport.:rolleyes:
O just to let you know.i'm nearly finish casement aerodrome;)
 
Galway is not on the list for the foreseeable future. I rather designing larger International Airports with aerial imagery etc.

You should post some picture of Casement?
 
Untitled2-5.jpg


Here are two pictures of the textured business park.Theres actually a few animations in these pictures with all the cars you can see all animated also a few flocks of birds. There will be a video next week to showcase this..

Untitled-57.jpg


Untitled1-13.jpg


Terry
 
Will all of those flat image cars become 3D? If not i't be happy to help place them all using EZ scenery...
 
Will all of those flat image cars become 3D? If not i't be happy to help place them all using EZ scenery...

Wouldnt that be a major framerate hit, at least for some? Granted, it's a great idea and would look really nice, but it seems it would take quite a hit on less powerful systems...;)
 
Wouldnt that be a major framerate hit, at least for some? Granted, it's a great idea and would look really nice, but it seems it would take quite a hit on less powerful systems...;)

Well, I don't have a less powerful system and with todays affordable technology, I would like to think that the majority of FS9 users have PC's more than capable for FS9. Besides this is a very small scenery. However, considering that some may have less than capable systems, I'd still be happy to add the cars and the end user can decide weather or not to install them or simply remove the .BGL file.

Makes sence? :)
 
Back
Top