• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Cork EICK

Although Cork is indeed a small airport i.e. In comparison to Dublin, the airport is still modelled in huge detail with the whole interior of the main terminal fully modelled. This coupled with a lot of static vehicles on the apron and animated vehicles means the poly count is quite high and so there wont be further ststic cars.. The imagery is 20cm/pixel so I think it makes up for this and gives a great view flying over it. Should have a video ready later this week to preview the scenery.. Watch this space...

Terry
 
However, considering that some may have less than capable systems, I'd still be happy to add the cars and the end user can decide weather or not to install them or simply remove the .BGL file.

That's sort of what I was thinking;)
 
Just the last few pictures before release hopefully later this week...

screenshot255f.jpg


screenshot254o.jpg


screenshot252w.jpg


screenshot251l.jpg


screenshot250x.jpg


screenshot249de.jpg


screenshot248k.jpg


screenshot247e.jpg


screenshot246l.jpg


Terry
 
Hi Terry ,

A great job , and I can't wait for the release.

But I have a remark (sorry).

The last pictures of your last message ; some pieces of the glasswork , in the main building , disappear into the clouds. Is this going to be 'repaired' ?

I'm looking forward to your answer.

Thanks a lot !

Kindest regards ,

Tom.
 
Hi Terry ,

A great job , and I can't wait for the release.

But I have a remark (sorry).

The last pictures of your last message ; some pieces of the glasswork , in the main building , disappear into the clouds. Is this going to be 'repaired' ?

I'm looking forward to your answer.

Thanks a lot !

Kindest regards ,

Tom.

That is a problem with transparencies with glasswork., that is why I usually don't do any transparencies because the drawing order is affected. don't know of any method to fix that
 
Wow. I haven't visit this thread for a while since we last discussed about the transparency of the glass windows. It is very good looking scenery.
I wonder how's the frame rate it going to be on average system. Do you have minimum spec that this scenery can run? Did you use LODs for the most of the buildings?
Regards,
Tic
 
Thanks Guys, the transparency issue will be fixed come release, think I saved the glass texture in the wrong format. It runs at least as good or better than my Shannon Scenery so I dont see frames been an issue. There will also be an option in the installer to install (or not) certain items.

Here is a video teaser...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KNEfMtBgvs
 
Thanks Guys, the transparency issue will be fixed come release, think I saved the glass texture in the wrong format. It runs at least as good or better than my Shannon Scenery so I dont see frames been an issue. There will also be an option in the installer to install (or not) certain items.

Here is a video teaser...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KNEfMtBgvs

Hi Terry ,

That's great news about the glass texture !!!

Thanx , mate.

Tom.

P.S. : superb teaser ...:D
 
Nice work Terry, presume that the FSX version, mind my asking what you've done to achieve the Reflections, if its to complex dont worry :D
 
The reflections are done within the fsx gmax material editor by just playing with settings. There are good examples in the sdk

Getting there with fsx version, as you can see it blends in seamlessly with the surrounding countryside, ignore the shadows on the tress, they will be gone come release..

There are also 3d soccer goalpost there in the first picture




 
I have to ask here because there's no FSX thread opened in Eiresim's support forum:
Why were you using FS9 files in the FSX-version (e.g. the ...building.bgls). It causes the well known transparency problems, to see e.g. at the small tower opposite to the the terminal.
Thanks
Gerry
 
Back
Top