• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE Development Version 1.79.7475 Available

Country
greece
This update fixes a couple of outstanding problems and some other minor issues. It can be downloaded from the usual link here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/i6xk38ghqjomykp/ade_current_dev.zip/file

I am getting close to moving this into production as version 1.80
Hi Jon,

I would like to report a minor issue with v1.79.7475 as feedback.
If I use an exclusion rectangle, it does the requested job, but after exiting program and return to the same airport, the rectangle is not showing.
Thus, how do I know that the rectangle exists if I return to that airport some time later ?

Regards,

Sotiris.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Make sure that you have View > Exclusions checked

1625326098618.png

1625326230606.png

Country
germany
This update fixes a couple of outstanding problems and some other minor issues. It can be downloaded from the usual link here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/i6xk38ghqjomykp/ade_current_dev.zip/file

I am getting close to moving this into production as version 1.80
Hi Jon,

Today I decided to install the most recent test version of ADE 1.79 (parallel to my working version 1.78). Unfortunately I decided copying manually the project-data, my pro-key etc. before giving it a chance to import all the necessary stuff itself when starting the first time.

Well, I got punished by getting a message I never saw before in ADE "Thank you for evaluation Smart PropertyGrid.Net" that I handled according to a solution posted here back in 2012 by clicking just the cross in the upper right corner. The answer of ADE told me about an error:
1625478295089.png

After any click on "OK" or the little cross again ADE's starting windows disappeared and left a blank desktop.

Consequently I deleted the new ADE-folder, installed it again, made a virgin start, imported all the stuff, and everything worked as it should.

EDIT: THIS POSTING IS A WARNING FOR PEOPLE ACTING AS STUPID AS I DID! :banghead:

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Any chance you can upload an MSFS version not on mediafire? Ive had some bad experiences with them attempting to download malware on my system.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Ive had some bad experiences with them attempting to download malware on my system.
Actually, you have not. Mediafire has had bad experiences with people that do not perform due diligence before downloading software from questionable sources. You can trust Jon Patch.

Considering the fact that Mediafire is a software hosting service and has a prominent and successful arrangement providing client software for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, BlackBerry 10, and web browsers, not to mention residual income from banner ads, one should wonder why they would risk all that, in order to distribute illegal malware.

Country
unitedstates

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 148

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Sadly that is a corrupted project file which cannot be recovered unless you have made backups

Country
unitedstates
Jon,
Thanks for your rapid response.

I tried removing all my files in the P35 folder and reinstalling the entire program.
Do you mean to remove all the Project files from the project folder?

Thanks

Tom

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No - you just need to delete the corrupted project file

Country
unitedstates
Thanks Jon. I apologize for the delay in responding.
I will be posting yet another issue with the new version shortly if I can't figure it out anyway.
I knew going to v5.2 would have some of a learning curve I just didn't think ADE would be one of them.

Tom

Country
serbia
Please tell me why in version 01.79.7475, after compilation, the running strobes in the approach lights never work.
With respect.

Country
us-texas
Version update check error - using 1.79.7475 (Dev):

System.ArgumentException: Version string portion was too short or too long.
at System.Version.VersionResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String argument)
at System.Version.TryParseVersion(String version, VersionResult& result)
at System.Version.Parse(String input)
at System.Version..ctor(String version)
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.Helpers.UpdateChecker.Initialize(String localPath)
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.Helpers.UpdateChecker..ctor(String localPath)
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.MainForm.UpdateCheckCompleted(Object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadFileCompleted(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFileOperationCompleted(Object arg)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom

at System.Version.VersionResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String argument)
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.Helpers.UpdateChecker.Initialize(String localPath)
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.Helpers.UpdateChecker..ctor(String localPath)
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.MainForm.UpdateCheckCompleted(Object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
Thanks for reporting this - I can see the same issue but not why yet

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom

This has been fixed. It was server side so it should work again in ADE

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There are no plans for a 1.8 version at this time

Country
kuwait
Jon, not sure if anyone reported this bug before for this dev release; while adding APPROACH > ApproachLeg TF to fix type RUNWAY, the Add button remain disabled; so work the other way by selecting fix type TERMINAL_WAYPOINT and switching back to fix type RUNWAY, the Add button got enabled and added the approach leg.

Adding MissedApproachLeg CA also having same issue i.e. Add button disabled, switched to another MissedApproachLeg with fix type TERMINAL_WAYPOINT enabling the Add button and switching back to CA, added the missed approach leg.

Last edited: