• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Disappearing Runway

Messages
7
Country
unitedkingdom
FSX Steam Edition & Airport Design Editor.

Has anyone experienced this problem.
The additions I add to the stock Fife airfield appear to be compiled but the runway and marking are not, the runway is not included in the compilation. Running FSX produces a green runway, If parking is included FSX does not run at all.

I append my current settings below.
I was using V1.67
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.5.11.29713\World\Scenery
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.5.11.29713\World\Terrain

I also tried the later 1.75 version with the same result.
Has anyone had this problem and found a solution.

Minotaur.
 
If you include parking it must be attached to the runway and taxiways.
 
It matters not if parking is attached to the runway If there is no runway to attach it to, FSX SE just won't run at all.
 
I do not think you should use the Prepar3Dv4 options because if I understand you right, you compile for FSX-SE. So use the FSX SDK ones and certainly not P3Dv4.
 
Unfortunately the P3Dv4 are the only SDK files available to me, unless you can direct me to a source far the FSX SDK ones.
 
Thanks for the info Doug.
I downloaded the 1.4 SDK version and installed it after uninstalling the P3Dv4 but I still get the same view
ie. an expanse of green and no runway with the windsock and building that I compiled but the aircraft is positioned an the correct end if the airfield.
 

Attachments

  • 20190415150031_1.jpg
    20190415150031_1.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 257
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/disappearing-runway.445197/post-820688

Thanks for the info Doug.
I downloaded the 1.4 SDK version and installed it after uninstalling the P3Dv4 but I still get the same view
ie. an expanse of green and no runway with the windsock and building that I compiled but the aircraft is positioned an the correct end if the airfield.

Please clarify whether you re-compiled your Fife airport modifications ...to output NEW BGLs via ADE after having:

* Removed all versions of P3D SDK

...then:

* Installed P3Dv1.4x SDK


NOTE: All BGLs previously output by ADE (which were compiled using the wrong version of the SDK) for that custom Fife airport should be removed, then replaced by those compiled using P3Dv1.4x SDK BGLComp ...via ADE.

PS: Also, please tell us whether you have installed OrbX FTX Global and/or OrbX FTX Scotland,

Additionally, please tell us if you have installed PlaySims GenX Vol.8 Scotland South Airfields and/or photo-real scenery.

GaryGB
 
Last edited:
Thanks for your advice Gary I don't have any of the other packages installed.
I went into ADE and removed anything with a date within the last month and cleared the addon folder, I had already got rid of P3D SDK , and I now have a runway and parking.
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.
No further action required(I hope).
Alex.
 
Back
Top