• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

EDDS Stuttgart

Country
germany
It's a german airport with 11 million passengers in the year of 2017. It has 4 terminals and one runway.

Now guess which airport I'm developing...

A

Aviasim

It's a german airport with 11 million passengers in the year of 2017. It has 4 terminals and one runway.

Now guess which airport I'm developing...

No idea.

However, are you aware this is the SHOWROOM!?

Country
germany
So here are the first screenshots. It's indeed Stuttgart! The project is still in an early stage, three terminals are missing and I'm currently modelling the gates. Groundpoly and other buildings and decoration around the airport are also missing. Here's what I have now:
r1.png
r2.png
r3.png
r4.png

What's your opinion on this project?

A

Aviasim

Strangest looking terminal I have ever seen, but it looks awesome, nice work! good job

Country
greece
It looks great but why to invest at an airport we already have? Aerosoft's airport is very good and accurate.I'm telling you that cause u could invest at another airport that doesn't exist..

Country
germany
It looks great but why to invest at an airport we already have? Aerosoft's airport is very good and accurate.I'm telling you that cause u could invest at another airport that doesn't exist..
You're right there's the Aerosoft scenery, but I really hate this terminal front, that has no modelling and the second reason is my emotional connection to the airport, due to me living in Stuttgart.

Country
germany
Thumbs up! We are waiting for it, do we have a plan?I mean i time plan?
Thanks, but I have to disappoint you with the timetable thing. I'm still in a very early stage of development and aiming for a release date at the moment would be like trying to shoot a mote from several kilometres away. I must add to the thing that I'll be doing my A-levels in 2019 so my available time will also drop during the next months. But I'm willing to finish this project and will keep you updated about the progress in this thread.
To the progress I've made since the last screenshots: I've pushed the progress on the gates, but I'm lacking reference imagery of them at the moment to finish the last half. Currently I'm modelling terminal 1 and 2 and I hope to finish them within the next two weeks (interior excluded). I'll post screenshots when I've finished something.

Greetings, NGFS Studios

Country
germany
Great start. Hopefully, the Sim won't be a slideshow by all buildings detailed like that.
Yeah I'm aware of the problem, but I try to aim for the highest possible level of detail. Reducing details is easier than adding them after everything is done.
Greetings,
Finn

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Yeah I'm aware of the problem, but I try to aim for the highest possible level of detail. Reducing details is easier than adding them after everything is done.
Greetings,
Finn
Yeah, it's probably the best way. You can still use the high amount of detail to bake textures. Especially for the vents on the roofs I'd recommend to bake them into a texture to use on a low poly version.

Looks nice so far :)

Country
germany
Keep it up. EDDS is my home airport and the Aerosoft version really does not cut it at all. So there is definitely room for another one.

Country
germany
Just a small status update:
I'm currently working on two things. The first thing is a rework of the roofs of the two terminals, they werd too low and had the wrong angle. This mistake resulted from architectural drawings, published online, that didn't matched up the real thing. The second thing is the modeling of the terminals front with the taxi holds and the parking lots. Next up will be the jetways, the interior of the terminals and detail work on signs and such stuff. I haven't decided yet whether I then move on to the modelling of abother building or whether I texture the terminal. Texturing will take mhch time, because I'm an absolute beginner when it comes to making great textures. If anyone could help me with this, just pm me. That was the status update, screenshots will follow when I finished something.

Greetings,
Finn

Country
unitedkingdom
That's some fantastic hard surface modelling there! How did you do all the windows? Boolean cuts?