- Messages
- 75
- Country

Hey All. I haven't been coding for a few years, real life flying and jobs. I have a situation: A sim which does not have a keyboard, or mapped key commands for a keyboard, and can not use FSUIPC must be able to feather the prop on a multi-engine recip. There are no buttons available to press physically so anything done has to be software driven. The sim uses a throttle quadrant but no buttons are on it. This sounds like a riddle but this is what I have to work with.
My idea was to use a gauge to test for feathering conditions of:
Prop Handle 30% or less and prop feather = 0, the reverse also has to occur to unfeather the prop. Here is my attempt. I am pretty sure I am mis-using the K variable here. Any help is greatly appreciated!
And Bill, if you see this: Thanks for all the help in the past, those conversations on the forum were really helpful.
My idea was to use a gauge to test for feathering conditions of:
Prop Handle 30% or less and prop feather = 0, the reverse also has to occur to unfeather the prop. Here is my attempt. I am pretty sure I am mis-using the K variable here. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Code:
<Gauge Name="TESTFEATHER" Version="0.1">
<Size X="00" Y="00"/>
<Gauge>
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>
(A:PROPELLER_1_FEATHERED,bool) 0 ==
(A:RECIP_ENGINE1_PROP_LEVER_POS,enum) 0.3 < &&
if{
1(>K:KEY_TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_1)
}
(A:PROPELLER_2_FEATHERED,bool) 0 ==
(A:RECIP_ENGINE2_PROP_LEVER_POS,enum) 0.3 < &&
if{
1(>K:KEY_TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_2)
}
(A:PROPELLER_1_FEATHERED,bool) 1 ==
(A:RECIP_ENGINE1_PROP_LEVER_POS,enum) 0.3 > &&
if{
0(>K:KEY_TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_1)
}
(A:PROPELLER_2_FEATHERED,bool) 1 ==
(A:RECIP_ENGINE2_PROP_LEVER_POS,enum) 0.3 > &&
if{
0(>K:KEY_TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_2)
}
</Value>
</Select>
</Element>
</Gauge>
And Bill, if you see this: Thanks for all the help in the past, those conversations on the forum were really helpful.
