P3D v4 error animation message

How? I have never had to do anything at this point. FSDS generates the mdl with the animation, but right now I get this. I have a copy of FSDS 3 also. It seems to work there.

Deano1973

Resource contributor
FSDS used to do this to me from time to time and I can't for the life of me remember the fix for it. However, to sidestep you can import the FSDS model into MCX and then export from there, it should work without an issue. If I remember what FSDS did I'll post it here - you're not going mad though, the program is full of little bugs like that.

Never had this problem before. for years. I just tried an old animation I did some time ago... I then recompiled... it worked fine. so- maybe I am forgetting something in doing ani!!! I sahll see.

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Never had this problem before. for years. I just tried an old animation I did some time ago... I then recompiled... it worked fine. so- maybe I am forgetting something in doing ani!!! I sahll see.
If I recall correctly, it was something to do with animations being present from previous work. Even if the animations were then removed, the program would throw an error on compile. Copy the object if you can, and paste it in place of the original, then animate. Or, better, just recreate it. Or maybe use MCX to give the FSDS part a new GUID and see if that helps.

Actually, guys, I found the problem. You can get that message if you don't go to current properties and in the name box, browse and click on 'ambient' . Simple mistake on my part. I hadn't done animation for a while and forgot to do that first. hahaha The joke's on me! pfffft.
Never had anything go wrong with FSDS for as long as I have had it.

Now- Tweak is another thing. Wish I could get that working again. The build exterior screen shows up a second time when the DOS screen runs. This renders the model non-usable. I've reinstalled, no dice. sent copies to friends, showed them how to install - set up correctly.... works for them...….. me ? nada! Emailed Nunez...…… of course... no response. Must be something in my registry. But- I think I started having this problem BEFORE I went to Win 10. Sure would be nice to have it working again.