• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Error Code

Country
us-northcarolina
What does this mean? is this a Windows 10 error message or something with ADE?

Thanks,
BobM.

Attachments

• what does this mean.PNG
    what does this mean.PNG
    98.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This is likely to mean a problem with FSpackagetool.exe. Maybe a version issue. What are the versions you have for the sim, for the MSFS SDK and for ADE MSFS?

Country
us-northcarolina
SDK.......0.17.0.0

MSFS (at top of screen when launching) 1.24.5.0

Thanks Jon

Attachments

• ADE Latest 03292021.PNG
    ADE Latest 03292021.PNG
    58.3 KB · Views: 37

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Did the build complete OK and create a package? There are some spurious codes generated that do not affect the build. Also did the build dialog window show? Does it happen with one project or all of them?

Country
us-northcarolina
Won't build anything. Just the error message. Click ok and nothing? I waited a while to see if a window would pop up but nothing and the file in the Community folder is old.

Thanks Jon

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Zip the package and attach it or link to a cloud storage for the file. Otherwise this is just a guessing game, and a waste of time.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I can't help. I don't get that error code. Everything compiles just fine.
Untitled.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Same here - no errors - no error messages

1648792206279.png

Is the MS or Steam Edition of MSFS? Make absolutely sure you match the version in the options. Also that you have ADE pointed at the latest SDK and no an earlier one

1648792641271.png

Make sure that Show Copy to Community Folder is unchecked.

1648792458755.png

Attachments

• 1648792341358.png
    1648792341358.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 28
Country
us-northcarolina
Thanks..I completely uninstalled MSFS SDK and reinstalled it. I unticked "Show Copy..." and saved. It does make a backup but gives me the same error?

Thanks Jon and Rhumbaflappy,
BobM.

Attachments

• ADE1.PNG
    ADE1.PNG
    107.5 KB · Views: 26
  • ADE2.PNG
    ADE2.PNG
    63.8 KB · Views: 30

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
What is the timestamp and size of fspackagetool.exe ?

1648812206554.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well I am out of ideas until we can replicate it :(

Country
unitedstates
I randomly get an error code after closing the build window in place of the package built notice. As far as I know, mine is Error Code:-107374510 and I have been ignoring it for many ADE alpha versions since the package seems to save okay. It doesn't seem to be associated with the project characteristics since the error code does not repeat for the same project. I guess it is one of the "spurious codes" Jon mentions.

Country
us-northcarolina
Thanks art209....mine ends with 515 on the error msg but my package to my knowledge does not build? Will look again but doubtful.

Greets and Best Wishes,
BobM.

Country
us-northcarolina
I am wondering if I went back to SDK 16..the last one before SDK 17 if this error may go away and I can build again. Where could I (if possible) get that sdk version. I am stuck.. I can't build anything?

Thanks,
BobM.