• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Error msg question

Country
us-california
Hi,
I use SAMM version 2.2.0.9, FSX Accel and Win 7-64.
I am new to SAMM and have already learned several things the hard way > by reading the manual ~:) and experimentation.
I've run into some error messages that occur late during the FSX startup routine. I can comply with them easily; But I can't figure
out what to do to prevent them. In other words, how to enable the folder(s) to go where they should be going instead of the
need to copy the folder(s) manually to the required locations each time I convert an ac. Are all of the implied actions necessary
or am I perhaps doing something during the ac conversion process to cause what appears to be some redundancy or unnecessary
folder movement ? I have been copying the necessary texture files from my SAMM library to the ..\FSX\addon scenery\KLRF\texture
folder and of course after ADE compiles the airport the resulting scenery BGL file is updated in the KLRF\scenery folder. Then the
converted ac appears in FSX where I placed it with ADE. It is all black until I comply with the error messages and then it looks
good for the most part. No down gear and props all blurry > but i may have found a solution for prop and gear issues in another post here,
where I learned that I should be converting FS9 ac. If this is true then I should be able to create more realistic looking static ac in future.
Best to all,
Ken

SAMM_errors.jpg

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
SAMM has a placement function. If you use it, your aircraft and textures will be saved appropriately.. If you place with ADE, then there is no alternative but to copy the associated textures manually. SAMM "knows" nothing about ADE placement and ADE "knows" nothing about SAMM texture configurations.

Country
us-california
Hi Don.
Either I missed or didn't understand how to use SAMM's folder / File placement feature. I'll try to find it in the manual.
Does this function normally send the same folder to three different FSX locations as inferred by the above screen capture(s) ?
Is this required in order for the SAMM ac conversion to render correctly in FSX ?
Best regards,
Ken

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Does this function normally send the same folder to three different FSX locations
Depends on the options you choose. Incidentally, they are not the same folder. They are 3 folders with different contents but the same name (i.e., the aircraft name you choose) saved to 3 different places.

Country
us-california
Thank you for the fast reply Don. I must be saving my conversion with the "verbose" options ~:)
I'll need to do more reading and experimenting to find out what's best for me.
Best regards,
Ken