Exclusion Builder for FSX

This is a new version of Exclusion Builder. The first version in 2003 became surprisingly popular so I decided to rewrite it to support FSX. There should not be a bug left and if you find something strange, please report it. This is not an official release so there's no documentation coming with it at the moment.

Here's a screenshot:

And here's the download link:
http://lennundus.orgkaos.org/failid/workinprogress/EB-FSX.zip

HolgerSandmann

Resource contributor
Hi Paavo,

indeed, your FS9 version of Exclusion Builder got lots of use here ;-)

Thank you very much for updating it to FSX - highly appreciated!

Cheers, Holger

Hi Paavo

Thanks for the FSX version....I use the FS9 version constantly with excellent results..........Good Show!!!!!;)

I cannot get it to work. I type in a name and it quits. I have no help file and no tutorials. In other works...I'm flying blind. Please help. Frank!

I figured out how to get it started and I'm at a loss as to how to enter the coordinances. It tells me the North should be higher than the south and east should be higher than the west. I am useing N43.10.783566 W79.57.482208 coorinance as an example. Frank!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I figured out how to get it started and I'm at a loss as to how to enter the coordinances. It tells me the North should be higher than the south and east should be higher than the west. I am useing N43.10.783566 W79.57.482208 coorinance as an example. Frank!
What this means is that when making an exclusion rectangle you should be facing due North. There are two points - Top Left and Bottom Right. Left in this sense means West Top means North. By convention in decimal form North latitudes are positve and south are negative; East longitudes and positive and West Negative.

Here is the coordenance for tne NW corner.
N43.11.065775 W079.57.671532.0

Here is the coordenance for th SE corner:
N43.09.413664 W078.54.617834.0

Exclution Builder has for boxes: N-E-S-W Where would these coordenances go?

Exactly how I inserted the coordinances.

Invaled coordinates for exclusion area:
-north latitude must be larger than south latitude
-east longitude must be larger than west longitude.

I thing maybe I've got my set-up wrong. Frank!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Some people do seem to find it difficult to use - are you getting an error message or just no bgl file?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
No that should be enough. Sorry I am not being that much help now. I will try and get a moment to do it myself and see what happens here

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I think the tool does not like that you enter the number with two dots. Try it in complete decimal form or else in the common HH:MM:DD.dddd notation.

ollyau

Resource contributor
Hi everyone,

I am trying to exclude autogen in a certain area (don't want autogen over my MegaScenery X), so I searched and found this tool. So far it seems great, but I can't seem to figure what excludes the autogen. I've tried 'Generic buildings' and 'Library objects' but neither of them removed the autogen. When I setting the app to exclude 'All objects', it removed the autogen. The other options don't really make sense to exlude autogen...

Can someone tell me what exclusion type I should use to exclude autogen?

Thanks

-Orion

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi everyone,

I am trying to exclude autogen in a certain area (don't want autogen over my MegaScenery X), so I searched and found this tool. So far it seems great, but I can't seem to figure what excludes the autogen. I've tried 'Generic buildings' and 'Library objects' but neither of them removed the autogen. When I setting the app to exclude 'All objects', it removed the autogen. The other options don't really make sense to exlude autogen...

Can someone tell me what exclusion type I should use to exclude autogen?

Thanks

-Orion
That is because it cannot exclude autogen. For that you need to use a tool that will create terrain exclusions. FSX KML or SBuilderX can do that. Also if you are working with an airport and using ADE you can create these exclusions