• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

EZ-Landclass 3.00 Beta

Country
canada
The beta version of EZ-Landclass 3.00 is now available if anyone wants to try it out. It's very similar to previous versions, except it can now be used with FSX. It's only been tested by myself, so if you find any bugs in the program or documentation, let me know via this thread or the email address in the Readme.

You can download it here : EZ-Landclass 3.00

Once it's stable I'll upload it to the various flight sim libraries.

Best regards,

Russel Dirks
Dirks Software

Country
belgium
I am unable to open the file. Well not unable but I just get an empty excel file. :confused: I just wanted to let you know this.

I've tried to open it with Excel and OpenOffice but I got twice the same result.

Last edited:
Country
canada
TrebuTa

Make sure the security settings in Excel are set to either Medium or Low. If they are set to High, EZLC will not load.

Country
belgium
I did already and I still get an empty excel sheet.

EDIT: I got it working. Sorry. :) Had to look better before I posted here. Again, sorry.

Country
norway
I wish the excel sheet cold be marked with the already existing class numbers. Would make my life easier...
Besides from that, it's a great tool!!!

Country
canada
It actually does have that feature. At the bottom you will see a number of tabs. Click on the one that says Landclass and you will see a list of valid landclass numbers.

Country
norway
What I mean, is that when I click import from msfs, I should get the whole excel grid filled up with the already existing values.
I have used it a bit during the weekend, changing waterclass along the coast of Norway. It took much extra work to find out where I was, but the "fly to here" function was neath.
I have seen the waterclass sheet, but that is not what I meant.

Great tool, but unless I'm wrong, there is still room for improvements.

Country
canada
Ok, I see what you mean. I think a lot of people would like to be able to extract landclass numbers from the FSX scenery files, but unfortunately nobody has figured out how to do it. MS seems to be treating that data as proprietary and they're not giving any hints as to how to access it. They've got it pretty locked up.

Country
unitedstates
EZ Landclass 3.00 Beta

I read where you are refering to excel settings. My question is: Are you in XP or Vista? Are you using Excel 2007?

My old office 2000 and XP worked great. No luck on the 2007.

Country
canada
I could, but it would involve writing a whole new program, and I simply don't have the time right now.

If people are having problems with Excel 2007, there are a couple of additional settings that need to be looked after.

Go to Excel Options / Trust Center/ Trust Center Settings ...

- under Add-ins
- uncheck "Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher"
- uncheck "Disable all Applicaition Add-ins"​

- under Macro Settings
- choose either the second or the fourth option​

- under Message Bar
- choose option #1 "Show the message bar ..."​

Failure to set things as described will prevent EZLC from running.

I'll be adding these to the official docs.

Cheers,

Russel Dirks

Country
peru
Dear friends and fellow designers,

This topic is a bit old but i am quite new in this FS design and development. Always wanted to have such a tool like EZ-Landclass. I have downloaded it and followed all instructions, but when i load EZLC in my excell - next message appears:

excell.jpg

Anybody has any idea why? :confused:

Thank you in advance for help ;)

EDIT: Works fine now! Had to reinstall Microsoft Office!

Last edited:
Country
canada
You probably have your security settings too high. EZ-Landclass uses VBA macros to perform it's functions, so you need to go into the Program Options and make sure macros are enabled, or at least disabled with notification.