• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

3DS Max Fixed Animations

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Wow, good catch, Christian, you’re brilliant. I’m not able to test, but that omission completely explains the discrepancy I’d been experiencing.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Like I said, it's no big deal. Hopefully this will be a good start for you to apply many new possibilities and ideas :)

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
So yes, the basic concept works. It is really just a few clicks from FBX to MSFS and if it will incorporate Mixamo, it will probably take any. The dexterity is pretty incredible and the rig and weighting is accomplished by setting 5 markers; wrists, elbows, knees chin and crotch. From there, the software rigs the model and applies pretty decent weighting, there is some sausage look at the elbow, but check those fingers.

So Mixamo is an option, another site I found during my research was "pixcap." This site will animate, or pose a 3d model, based on a 2d still image, or video. It's not free, but it's pretty interesting.

Thanks again for showing the way, Christian. I wanted to mention the ModelBehaviors section again, because you'd mentioned controlling the models. All of these current models use the abbreviated XML you provided and thanks for that. But the behaviors section syntax looks fairly identical to the visibility parameters of FSX effects. The control variable, "E" is set to time in seconds and it represents duration. the other variable "A" would be an external, or environment condition and that is set to ambient. You can see that the duration can be changed, or set to a specific interval and the ambient condition could be set to one that is, well, more conditional. For FSX effects, we could bump these decisions up to a "controller effect," for controlling complex variables and this may apply here, as well. The entire section could also be completely ignored by the sim, but it's something to consider.