• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Flag waving in the wind direction

I'm in the making of a tutorial for a flag in msfs2020, but I have this weird distortion in msfs2020
Can someone help me?

in blender, all it's ok and the animation works very well
I checked for the location and rotation and position, (CTRL A, all transforms)
I tested with apply and no-apply of modifiers also

Ok just checked and the problem occurs only if I choose a custom start and custom end in blender in Action editor:

1614266021982.png

Last edited:
maybe the weightpainting to parent the plane to the bones is not optimized?
That produced some weird deformations in my case too.

you can set the "Falloff" in the weight paint settings to "constant" to get a weight of "1" by one mouseclick. otherwise it depends of the distance from the mouse coursor to the vertecis how much weight it really gets.

maybe the weightpainting to parent the plane to the bones is not optimized?
That produced some weird deformations in my case too.

you can set the "Falloff" in the weight paint settings to "constant" to get a weight of "1" by one mouseclick. otherwise it depends of the distance from the mouse coursor to the vertecis how much weight it really gets.
I manually worked on the weightpainting and just checked and everything is fine
Also, I would have the same problem on blender if it was the weightpainting, don't you think?

I made like 100 tests today, what a lost of time 😅

Nope mine was fine in blender too but in msfs not. :)

I checked and redo all the weight, same problem

Also, I can confirm the problem is when I want to make a perfect loop by cutting some of keyframe.
1. I check the loop I want and I erase all other keyframe
2. I copy and paste and grab the looped keyframes to have minimum 100 frames
3. I set the start to 1 (default), the End to 100 is my animation is 100 frames for example.

And then I hit "push" to push it to NlaTrack and then export it. And it's appears to be distorbed as fock lol

Do you have a better workflow ?

Thanks

your weight painting value is too low,
this is how it is in your file:

1614282458075.png

and this is how it should be:

1614282499873.png

there is one more difference to my object but maybe this does not matter. i did the weight painting to the tip of the bones not to the root. but it is possible that it is working in both ways.

if you set the strength to 1.000 and the Falloff to Constant then you get the right weight with only one klick.

View attachment 69689
Thanks Mike it helped a lot,
However, same problem once I try to just keep 50 keyframes only in the timeline (I erased the other, placed the start a 1 position and then put Start at 1, End at 50)
Incredible since this morning I'm still at the same state.. :/

Try to bake the animation after you set the sweet spot for start and end then you only get keyframes for that part.

Try to bake the animation after you set the sweet spot for start and end then you only get keyframes for that part.
Hi, I tried but I can't figure how to bake and keep the frame that I want. The make makes the frames and a very weird position

I'm gonna start over again today

Edit: After again some tests (recreate with different methods), it's all the same as before
Note: When I see the gltf file, I see a node:
"scale" : [
],
Is that normal? I have tried by apply again the scale but same result

Last edited:
Hi I tried again following a post talking about quaternion (wxyz) hopping it was that but I'm afraid it's not working so far...
Anyone send help ? lol

Hi I tried again following a post talking about quaternion (wxyz) hopping it was that but I'm afraid it's not working so far...
Anyone send help ? lol
Having the same issue myself. I've started from scratch a few times. It would be create to compare a working gltf file :)

Having the same issue myself. I've started from scratch a few times. It would be create to compare a working gltf file :)
Hi
I think there is a major problem in bones animations since no one could figure how to make it work properly without deformations
I will continue to test from time to time anyway

As I began to be confident enought with blender I don't want to try 3DsMax (and the cost of the licence xD)