• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE FLATTEN & CHANGING AIRPORT ALITUDE

Hello,
I have spent a significant amount of time creating a photorealistic airport (LIMN).
I premise that the terrain around the airport is not flat (same altitude).
At south end of the airport I have an altitude of 541.5 feet at north end an altitude of 589.5 feet.
Either altitudes have been measured landing an the ground an reading P3D values.
Two issues arose.
1) I could use the FLATTEN feature targeting the airport nominal altitude, however if do that, a cliff in the terrain is generated at the flatten boundaries, because for definition FLATTEN generates a flat surface all at the same altitude, when my terrain is slightly steeped.
2) I could re-assign a different altitude to the airport to trade-off and reduce the amount of the cliff in the terrain, but doing so I'll generate a huge amount of rework to re-adapt all the objects of the scenery to the new altitude. In fact it's easy to change the airport nominal altitude, while, doing so, ADE doesn't automatically shift all the scenery objects laying on its ground to the new altitude.
Could you let me know your observations or hints?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading better the manual, there is a promising option for issue 1) with "sloping polygons"

SOLVED WITH SLOPING POLYGONS

Last edited by a moderator: