FSDS file error - help requested

Hi folks,

I have recently purchased a Win 8.1 machine, and am in the process of migrating my FSX installation and design tools over to it.

I have copied FSDS 3.5 over from my old machine and manually tweaked the paths etc in the registry (as recommended on this forum, as the V2.0 installer will not run on 64-bit).

All seemed to be fine until I came to texture a part - at the point where I select the texture BMP and click Open, it says "Access to an unnamed file was denied."

If I paste in a pre-textured part from an existing model, the solid view window stops working and I repeatedly get a DirectX error message.

If I attempt to load an existing untextured model, it loads OK, but if I load a textured model, again the solid view window stops working and I repeatedly get a DirectX error message.

If I run FSDS as an administrator, I don't get the errors, but selecting a texture gives me nothing, and loading an existing textured model gives no errors, but the model appears (in solid view) untextured.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,

Iain.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. OK, tried that, but no difference, I'm afraid. Also tried copying to a different drive, but again, no change.

Regards, Iain.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Try loading the DLL library from MW Graphics? That sometimes fixes solid view errors.