• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Texture Repainting Problem

Messages
1,084
Country
us-northcarolina
I am repainting the Carenado B120 from United Airlines Skywest New Color texture to Berry Aviation which actually purchased this aircraft from UAL. So far I have done IMHO quite well including some decals on the aft portion of the fuselage. Now my problem. I am working in Photoshop an older version but always serves me well. I would like the part of the tail that I painted blue over the golden globe UAL merge tail to look like the upper portion of the tail not just a solid blue but after spending over an hour trying every brush in the box I can't achieve what I want and hope someone can tell me how to do this. If you enlarge the image really large you can tell the brush texture but I don't get the results. Here is the image
Tail Sample.jpg
Tail Sample.jpg
Tail Sample.jpg
 
Hi,

I don't use Photoshop but here's how I do it.

1. Select the tail area you want this to affect.
2. Create a new layer on top of the blue tail layer. I name mine Shadow.
3. Use a brush that is relatively large and flat.
4. Make sure that it has a low opacity value.
5. Brush the darkness on in smooth round strokes, allowing it to build up slowly where you want it to be.
6. As you go, lift up on the mouse button occasionally to "fix" that much in memory.
7. If you make a mistake, Undo or delete the layer and start over.
 
Thank you for your reply. I was able to crop the tail areas from the "WHITE" texture which is what Carenado says is the "paintkit" and then repaint them the right color blue. I then pasted them into the other texture layer and that worked so I didn't need to try and recolor or coverup anything. There were a few other areas I had to do that with as well. Thank you for taking the time to reply quickly.
 
Back
Top