FS2004 Gauges to trigger playing sounds

It's enough to make you wish you had been paying more attention in math class when trigonometry was covered. :yikes:
All it is, really, is knowing/learning things about right triangles. 3 sides, 3 angles is all there are. What could be simpler?
Hi,

You could turn off taxi lights and turn on landing lights at the runway, and this could trigger it?
Hey tgibson, thanks guys! Well good idea to do it with Trig but first have to stop being so lazy when it comes to Math, human factors you know...:wizard: let it be parking brakes

Well sometimes you turn on landing lights lining up the runway so it would be a bit late. For most aircraft it could also be anti-collision strobes so gonna set it triggered with strobes + flaps + parking brake released

All done! :wave:

Works in FS9. Anyone who has time and would like to test it in P3D v4 please let me know.

Rob, will you allow me to add your Brake Sound?

Also would like to add ATC chatting to 4 COM2 frequencies say 118.0 to 118.07 that are supposed to play its own sound. Somehow not all frequencies work in that range (118.02, 118.07 etc. ), why?

Last edited:

ddawson

Resource contributor
Thanks, guys!

Also need a sound to play once when the doors are open. When I put it with (A:EXIT OPEN:0, bool) the sound is looped. Is it correct to trigger it by: (A:EXIT OPEN:0, bool) 0.1 >= (A:EXIT OPEN:0, bool) 0.4 <= && ?
Sounds like you need another variable to record whether the sound has been played.

(A:EXIT OPEN:0, bool) 0 != (L:ExitSoundPlayed, bool) 0==
if{
1 (>L:Exit Sound, number)
1 (>L:ExitSoundPlayed, bool)
}
(A:EXIT OPEN:0, bool) 0==
if{
0 (>L:ExitSoundPlayed, bool)
}

Thanks! Actually need sounds followed by each other starting when the door is opening. The first should be played once, second is looped. They all stop when closed. I added for the first one (A:EXIT OPEN:0, bool) 0.1 >= (A:EXIT OPEN:0, bool) 0.4 <= as a condition and it works :)

Happy New Year to all!:santahat:

Added a 2D panel with pax sign switches. Did not link it with any vars it's just for fun and now it could be really called a panel:). Any ideas what more to add? FS9/FSX tests done. Ima test it in P3D4.

ddawson

Resource contributor
Looks like P3D4 Aerosoft Airbus ignores (A:SIM ON GROUND,bool). Any suggestions are appreciated.
Find out what value is returned for Radio Altitude when you know the aircraft is physically on the ground. Use that condition instead.
The SDK does say that the Sim On Ground variable can be overridden to return a false positive. Why they would do this is anyone's guess.

Find out what value is returned for Radio Altitude when you know the aircraft is physically on the ground. Use that condition instead.
The SDK does say that the Sim On Ground variable can be overridden to return a false positive. Why they would do this is anyone's guess.
Thanks Doug! Tried a couple of states on the ground along with the ground speed and SIM ON GROUND works as it should.

This is only with the plane crash. Added an impact sound :wizard: and since I found no crash detection variable I did it with SIM ON GROUND & Vertical speed over -700 feet per minute. For the default Mooney it works and not with the Aerosoft Airbus.

But it is likely it does not have enough time to dig into the ground so that SIM ON GROUND turns into true before the sim starts resetting after the crash. And when the crash is in ignore mode it sometimes works but in most cases it jumps into the air.

Well now something wrong with the Airbus doors for turnaround when loading/unloading pax . Again all is fine with the Mooney and in the Airbus got some overlapping board/unboard sounds. And it looks like EXIT OPEN:0 is just toggling like a KVar. It could be due to Aerosofts own integrated crew or whatever. Gotta find a bug.

I assume (A:EXIT OPEN:0, bool) 0 != equals (A:EXIT OPEN:0, bool) and (A:EXIT OPEN:0, bool) 0 == to (A:EXIT OPEN:0, bool) ! ?

ddawson

Resource contributor
These are available in P3Dv4:
REALISM CRASH WITH OTHERS True indicates crashing with other aircraft is possible. Bool N -
REALISM CRASH DETECTION True indicates crash detection is turned on. Bool N
Don't recall if they are available in FS9 or FSX...

The crash tolerance of the landing gear is one of the parameters provided for each contact point, in the aircraft.cfg file. Not much help in an XML gauge, but for a given aircraft you could look the value up and enter it into an xml gauge file that was not compressed into a cab file. -

These are available in P3Dv4:
REALISM CRASH WITH OTHERS True indicates crashing with other aircraft is possible. Bool N -
REALISM CRASH DETECTION True indicates crash detection is turned on. Bool N
I know about these 2, should be avail in FS9/FSX, thought they just indicate if crash is ignored or not...