• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Global Mapper Export Question

Hi,

I recently downloaded the trial version of Global Mapper and stuck with a few issues, was hoping some genius could help me with.

1. my file is a large ECW file in UTM 32 ETRS89 projection. 10cm imagery.

I am not sure how to export this out as geotiff file and tile them with a lower resolution than 10cm as this would mean the bgl would be way to large.

my objective is to convert the ecw, tile it and change the resolution to say 0.5m / 50cm

any help is greatly appreciated

Country
us-illinois
Hi Philip:

A few questions may assist others in replying to your question ...and seeing how your objective fits into "the big picture" of this project:

Are the "down-sampled" (8x) lower-resolution versions of the original 10cm very high-resolution aerial imagery:

* for use in texturing 3D scenery objects such as roofs of hangars / buildings etc. made in ex: GMax or 3DS Max ?

...or:

* for use in texturing "flat" Ground Polygons (aka "G-Polys") ?

NOTE: Such 'G-Poly' objects are initially made as 3D scenery objects in ex: GMax or 3DS Max that will then be imported into Arno's ModelConverterX {aka "MCX"}, and converted upon export into flat 2D G-Polys (...which are legacy pre-FSX-format Vector Textured Polygon {aka "VTP"} objects).

BTW: If either of the above 3D model texturing scenarios describe the intended use of the "down-sampled "aerial imagery, the derived imagery does not need to retain any Geo-referencing after first setting the Global Mapper workspace viewport to a non-distorted GIS projection via:

Global Mapper Menu > Tools >Configure > [Projection Tab]

...as recently discussed here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/quick-question-airport-design.434333/#post-713388

Thus, after first setting the Global Mapper work-space viewport to a non-distorted GIS projection for use on 3D scenery objects , you can simply use Global Mapper to create a screen capture of the area of interest in the output file format of your choice via:

Global Mapper Menu > File > Capture Screen Contents to Image... (Screen Capture Options dialog opens)

...Otherwise, might the "down-sampled" lower-resolution versions of the original very high-resolution aerial imagery be:

* for use in texturing the Ground by making custom photo-real land class terrain textures using MSFS / P3D SDK Resample ?

FYI
: If the latter scenario is the case, you can decrease the output file size of your aerial imagery BGL by approximately 40 percent, while still preserving the 10cm resolution and most of its inherent visual quality when displayed on the ground at run time in FS ...via a "CompressionQuality = 85" parameter value used in the INF file when the imagery source files are submitted to MSFS / P3D SDK Resample ex: :idea:
Code:
[Destination]
CompressionQuality = 85

PS: When Geo-TIFF aerial imagery source files are submitted to MSFS / P3D SDK Resample, a less complex INF file is required (when compared to that otherwise used for ex: BMP files).

Hope this helps with identifying the options you wish to implement for your project ! :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Hi Gary,

thank you so much for all the helpful insight.

at the moment I am only concentrating on getting the ground imagery into fsx/p3d with decent file size and quality.

My goal at the moment is to make a large area 30 or 50 cm pixel per meter for the city area and use just the 10cm for the airport.

I am not sure on the work flow for that as I would have a higher resolution airport imagery that would need to blend with the lower 50cm imagery.

On top of all that I think I have figured out how to convert it to 50cm from 10cm. But not 100% sure. I believe this is in the export raster imagery function.

The config box that allows for certain parameters to be changed.

Most importantly could I ask what tile size in terms of pixels (1024 x 1024 or 2048 x 2048) should I cut the imagery to with 10cm and 50cm imagery.

Again thanks so much for the help!

regards
Philip

To export a GeoTIFF at 50cm, in the GeoTIFF Export Options box click on 'click here to calculate spacing in other units...'
Select 'centimetres' as the units;
Enter 50 for x and y;
Click ok.

Normally I unselect 'always generate square pixels' first.

The tile size generally depends on what suits your work-flow -- they can be any size for resample.exe, within limits, so for me it means generating chunks which I can reasonably handle to colour-correct etc, plus they need to be less than 2GB as some of my tools are 32bit. Generally I like them about 1.5GB.

I don't have any flash way to determine the size, I just set the Gridding to a certain number of rows and columns (2x2 for example), and when the first tile is complete, I check the file size, if it is ok I let the rest finish, otherwise I cancel the export and tweak it.

Country
us-illinois
Hi Philip:

Are you exporting GeoTIFF files from Global Mapper for use in making custom photo-realistic aerial imagery BGLs with MSFS / P3D SDK Resample ? :scratchch

If you are intending to make custom photo-realistic aerial imagery BGLs with MSFS / P3D SDK Resample, the GeoTIFF files can be submitted with a less complex INF file.

Resample will then read the Geo-referencing info it requires from inside the GeoTIFF files themselves, and will slice the aerial imagery source files into terrain-mesh-clinging tiles of a specific size and shape required by MSFS / P3D for display at their "3D world" location.

Example Global Mapper workflow for your aerial imagery:

After first opening your ECW data file in its native "projection", one must next set Global Mapper to the "projection" required by MSFS / P3D SDK Resample ...so that any subsequent exported data will be correctly formatted:

1.) Global Mapper Menu > File > Open Data File(s)... > Browse / select your:

"ECW file in UTM 32 ETRS89 projection 10cm imagery"

2.) Global Mapper Menu > Tools > Configure > [Projection Tab]

a.) Configure:

Projection: Geographic (Latitude/Longitude)

Datum: WGS84

Planar Units: Arc Degrees

Parameters > Attribute

Central Longitude = 0

b.) Click Apply > OK

3.) Global Mapper Menu > File > Export > Export Raster Image Format > ("Select Image Format" dialog opens)

4.) In "Select Image Format" dialog pick-list, select "GeoTIFF"; click OK ("GeoTIFF Export Options" dialog opens)

a.) In "GeoTIFF Export Options" dialog > [GeoTIFF Options Tab]:

(1.) File Type: 24-bit RGB
(2.) Resampling: Default
(3.) Sample Spacing / Scale: (Filled in automatically; IMHO: Do not edit)
(4.) Check "Always Generate Square Pixels"
[EDITED]
(5.) Compression pick-list: select "No Compression"
(6.) Check "Generate TFW (World) File
(7.) Check "Generate PRJ File (aka 'projection' info)
[END_EDIT]

b.) In"GeoTIFF Export Options" dialog > [Tiling Tab]
(1.) Select "No Tiling - Just One Export File"

c.) In"GeoTIFF Export Options" dialog > [Export Bounds Tab]
(1.) Select "All Loaded Data"

Click OK ("Save As" dialog opens); enter desired file name and click "Save"

You should now have a GeoTIFF source file suitable for further use in development for your project. :pushpin:

FYI
: The effective resolution for the BGL output by MSFS / P3D SDK Resample may be configured within the INF file submitted along with the above aerial imagery GeoTIFF source file ...via a "LOD = Auto,16" parameter / value: :idea:

Code:
[Destination]
LOD = Auto,16

This will limit the above BGL resolution to a maximum of LOD-16 (0.6 Meters / 60 cm per pixel) ...when your aerial imagery is displayed in MSFS / P3D at run time.

Also, you can decrease the output file size of your aerial imagery BGL by approximately 40 percent ...via a "CompressionQuality = 85" parameter / value used in the INF file when the imagery source files are submitted to MSFS / P3D SDK Resample ex: ;)

Code:
[Destination]
CompressionQuality = 85

PS
: For a convenient reference table of LODs and resolutions used by MSFS / P3D etc., see:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/flattens.425495/page-2#post-633002

Hope this helps ! :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Gary you are a Star!

thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I will give this a shot on friday as its a public holiday where I am.

also would you tile as Toprob mentions above?

BTW thanks "Toprob for the info"

will take all this and apply to some practice!

Hi Philip:

Are you exporting GeoTIFF files from Global Mapper for use in making custom photo-realistic aerial imagery BGLs with MSFS / P3D SDK Resample ? :scratchch

If you are intending to make custom photo-realistic aerial imagery BGLs with MSFS / P3D SDK Resample, the GeoTIFF files can be submitted with a less complex INF file.

Resample will then read the Geo-referencing info it requires from inside the GeoTIFF files themselves, and will slice the aerial imagery source files into terrain-mesh-clinging tiles of a specific size and shape required by MSFS / P3D for display at their "3D world" location.

Example Global Mapper workflow for your aerial imagery:

After first opening your ECW data file in its native "projection", one must next set Global Mapper to the "projection" required by MSFS / P3D SDK Resample ...so that any subsequent exported data will be correctly formatted:

1.) Global Mapper Menu > File > Open Data File(s)... > Browse / select your:

"ECW file in UTM 32 ETRS89 projection 10cm imagery"

2.) Global Mapper Menu > Tools > Configure > [Projection Tab]

a.) Configure:

Projection: Geographic (Latitude/Longitude)

Datum: WGS84

Planar Units: Arc Degrees

Parameters > Attribute

Central Longitude = 0

b.) Click Apply > OK

3.) Global Mapper Menu > File > Export > Export Raster Image Format > ("Select Image Format" dialog opens)

4.) In "Select Image Format" dialog pick-list, select "GeoTIFF"; click OK ("GeoTIFF Export Options" dialog opens)

a.) In "GeoTIFF Export Options" dialog > [GeoTIFF Options Tab]:

(1.) File Type: 24-bit RGB
(2.) Resampling: Default
(3.) Sample Spacing / Scale: (Filled in automatically; IMHO: Do not edit)
(4.) Check "Always Generate Square Pixels"

b.) In"GeoTIFF Export Options" dialog > [Tiling Tab]
(1.) Select "No Tiling - Just One Export File"

c.) In"GeoTIFF Export Options" dialog > [Export Bounds Tab]
(1.) Select "All Loaded Data"

Click OK ("Save As" dialog opens); enter desired file name and click "Save"

You should now have a GeoTIFF source file suitable for further use in development for your project. :pushpin:

FYI
: The effective resolution for the BGL output by MSFS / P3D SDK Resample may be configured within the INF file submitted along with the above aerial imagery GeoTIFF source file ...via a "LOD = Auto,16" parameter / value: :idea:

Code:
[Destination]
LOD = Auto,16

This will limit the above BGL resolution to a maximum of LOD-16 (0.6 Meters / 60 cm per pixel) ...when your aerial imagery is displayed in MSFS / P3D at run time.

Also, you can decrease the output file size of your aerial imagery BGL by approximately 40 percent ...via a "CompressionQuality = 85" parameter / value used in the INF file when the imagery source files are submitted to MSFS / P3D SDK Resample ex: ;)

Code:
[Destination]
CompressionQuality = 85

PS
: For a convenient reference table of LODs and resolutions used by MSFS / P3D etc., see:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/flattens.425495/page-2#post-633002

Hope this helps ! :)

GaryGB

Country
us-illinois

Rob's workflow on the "GeoTIFF Export Options" dialog > [Tiling Tab] is good practical advice; the size entered there varies with:

* the overall size of the area on the ground that you intend to cover with your custom photo-real land class terrain textures

* whether your custom photo-real land class terrain textures includes extra Water_Mask and Blend_Mask Alpha channels

* whether your custom photo-real land class terrain textures includes 'extra' seasonal variation and night (aka "LightMap") textures

NOTE
: IIRC, in some scenarios, 'extra' texture sets may increase a base 'single texture set' file size 5X to 6X ...regardless of whether "compression" is applied to the BGL; this may compel use of Global Mapper tiling options as Rob describes above.

SDK Resample output BGL file size can be minimized somewhat by use of a "NullValue" parameter / value in the INF file where applicable.

FYI: A good practice indeed is, to limit custom photo-real land class terrain texture BGL output size to less than 2GB each.

Although some may wish to limit each such files to less than 1.5 GB, 1 GB, or even 500 MB each, it is AFAIK not 'required' to do so, as FS does not load the 'entire 'file in memory; rather, it loads 'pointers' to sub-sections within that file, and reads only imagery data portions it needs and/or will 'soon' need ...based on Geographic coordinates and heading of the user aircraft at run time in MSFS / P3D.

BTW: If it is necessary or desirable ex: to more quickly test output for a smaller area:

In Global Mapper Menu > File > Export > Export Raster Image Format > ("Select >"GeoTIFF") > GeoTIFF Export Options dialog:

In"GeoTIFF Export Options" dialog > [Export Bounds Tab]
Select "All Loaded Data"
Click {"Draw a Box..."} button and select only an area of interest for that particular GeoTIFF export file output.

[EDITED]

Regarding ECW (aka "Enhanced Compression Wavelet") file format: these source files may be lossy-compressed JPEG2000 imagery, so one must be careful with algorithms used to re-project and inter-convert this file format. :alert:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECW_(file_format)

PS
: When you process your source aerial imagery file(s):

If a typical graphics application reads and opens these files as a form of JPEG / JPG file, and the image is re-saved after opening, progressive loss of resolution and sharpness, "halo scatter" etc. may occur with each and every "save" operation. :redflag:

CAVEATS: One should, IMHO, always:

* immediately make back-ups of such original source files

* immediately make a copy of those files "converted" to a non-lossy file format ex: GeoTIFF

* only work with copies of those files "converted" to a non-lossy file format for editing etc.

* never "re-size" image pixel dimensions (by adding or deleting Rows+Columns of pixels), as this alters / loses image projection relative to the original Geo-referencing information within the Geo-TIFF file.

* back-up to an external file via special GIS utility, the original Geo-referencing information within the Geo-TIFF file before graphical editing as a "TIF" file.

* restore the original Geo-referencing information via the "same" special GIS utility into the (non-re-sized) "TIF" image file after graphical editing (...to convert it back into a Geo-TIFF).

To assist with making back-ups of the original Geo-referencing information within the Geo-TIFF file via special GIS utility before graphical editing as a "TIF" file, during initial export from Global Mapper, add these 2 options to those already listed in my post above:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/global-mapper-export-question.434552/#post-715864

In Global Mapper Menu > File > Export > Export Raster Image Format > ("Select >"GeoTIFF") > GeoTIFF Export Options dialog:

In"GeoTIFF Export Options" dialog > [GeoTIFF Options Tab]

Check "Generate TFW (World) File

Check "Generate PRJ File (aka 'projection' info)

[END_EDIT]

Hope this helps a bit more ! :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Hi Gary,

followed all your advise and successfully exported everything.

however running a file through resample produces no bgl but I get a successful completion message.

my inf file looks like this:

[Source]
Type = GeoTIFF
SourceDir = "SourceData"
SourceFile = "aalborg_large_area_A2.tif"
Layer = Imagery
Variation = Day
NullValue = 0,0,0

[Destination]
DestDir = "Output"
DestBaseFileName = "aalborg_large_a2"
DestFileType = BGL
LOD = Auto,16
CompressionQuality = 85

not sure where I have gone wrong

UPDATE*****

just ran the example tif over resample. I see the it processing and completing the resample. but there is no bgl output...

Rob's workflow on the "GeoTIFF Export Options" dialog > [Tiling Tab] is good practical advice; the size entered there varies with:

* the overall size of the area on the ground that you intend to cover with your custom photo-real land class terrain textures

* whether your custom photo-real land class terrain textures includes extra Water_Mask and Blend_Mask Alpha channels

* whether your custom photo-real land class terrain textures includes 'extra' seasonal variation and night (aka "LightMap") textures

NOTE
: IIRC, in some scenarios, 'extra' texture sets may increase a base 'single texture set' file size 5X to 6X ...regardless of whether "compression" is applied to the BGL; this may compel use of Global Mapper tiling options as Rob describes above.

SDK Resample output BGL file size can be minimized somewhat by use of a "NullValue" parameter / value in the INF file where applicable.

FYI: A good practice indeed is, to limit custom photo-real land class terrain texture BGL output size to less than 2GB each.

Although some may wish to limit each such files to less than 1.5 GB, 1 GB, or even 500 MB each, it is AFAIK not 'required' to do so, as FS does not load the 'entire 'file in memory; rather, it loads 'pointers' to sub-sections within that file, and reads only imagery data portions it needs and/or will 'soon' need ...based on Geographic coordinates and heading of the user aircraft at run time in MSFS / P3D.

BTW: If it is necessary or desirable ex: to more quickly test output for a smaller area:

In"GeoTIFF Export Options" dialog > [Export Bounds Tab]
Select "All Loaded Data"
Click {"Draw a Box..."} button and select only an area of interest for that particular GeoTIFF export file output.

[EDITED]

Regarding ECW (aka "Enhanced Compression Wavelet") file format: these source files may be lossy-compressed JPEG2000 imagery, so one must be careful with algorithms used to re-project and inter-convert this file format. :alert:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECW_(file_format)

PS
: When you process your source aerial imagery file(s):

If a typical graphics application reads and opens these files as a form of JPEG / JPG file, and the image is re-saved after opening, progressive loss of resolution and sharpness, "halo scatter" etc. may occur with each and every "save" operation. :redflag:

CAVEATS: One should, IMHO, always:

* immediately make back-ups of such original source files

* immediately make a copy of those files "converted" to a non-lossy file format ex: GeoTIFF

* only work with copies of those files "converted" to a non-lossy file format for editing etc.

* never "re-size" image pixel dimensions (by adding or deleting Rows+Columns of pixels), as this alters / loses image projection relative to the original Geo-referencing information within the Geo-TIFF file.

* back-up to an external file via special GIS utility, the original Geo-referencing information within the Geo-TIFF file before graphical editing as a "TIF" file.

* restore the original Geo-referencing information via the "same" special GIS utility into the (non-re-sized) "TIF" image file after graphical editing (...to convert it back into a Geo-TIFF).

To assist with making back-ups of the original Geo-referencing information within the Geo-TIFF file via special GIS utility before graphical editing as a "TIF" file, during initial export from Global Mapper, add these 2 options to those already listed in my post above:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/global-mapper-export-question.434552/#post-715864

In"GeoTIFF Export Options" dialog > [GeoTIFF Options Tab]

Check "Generate TFW (World) File

Check "Generate PRJ File (aka 'projection' info)

[END_EDIT]

Hope this helps a bit more ! :)

GaryGB

Attachments

• complete_but_no_file.jpg
    complete_but_no_file.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:
Country
spain
when this happen problably the problem is with the data file which is no correct or corrupted or the format is not correct. I could not say more.

Country
spain
yes, no compression. though I am not an expert. I have fought a Little with this. something to say: the proyection, it must be wgs84, and Geographic (Laatitude/Longitude) it's a common mistake.
The .inf file seem to be correct if "sourcedir=sorcedata" and destdir are the folders where you have the data

ok I have had a look at the file.

Projection is correct, all settings there.

under meta data this is what I have for one of my output files after exporting from Global Mapper:

FILENAME=E:\aalborg sat\converted files\aalborg_A2.tif
DESCRIPTION=aalborg_A2.tif
UPPER LEFT X=545516.0000000000
UPPER LEFT Y=6331312.0000000000
LOWER RIGHT X=552600.0000000000
LOWER RIGHT Y=6323696.0000000000
WEST LONGITUDE=545516° 00' 00.0000" E
NORTH LATITUDE=6331312° 357913941' 20.0000" N
EAST LONGITUDE=552600° 00' 00.0000" E
SOUTH LATITUDE=6323696° 357913941' 20.0000" N
UL CORNER LONGITUDE=545516° 00' 00.0000" E
UL CORNER LATITUDE=6331312° 357913941' 20.0000" N
UR CORNER LONGITUDE=552600° 00' 00.0000" E
UR CORNER LATITUDE=6331312° 357913941' 20.0000" N
LR CORNER LONGITUDE=552600° 00' 00.0000" E
LR CORNER LATITUDE=6323696° 357913941' 20.0000" N
LL CORNER LONGITUDE=545516° 00' 00.0000" E
LL CORNER LATITUDE=6323696° 357913941' 20.0000" N
PROJ_DESC=Geographic (Latitude/Longitude) / WGS84 / arc degrees
PROJ_DATUM=WGS84
PROJ_UNITS=arc degrees
EPSG_CODE=EPSG:4326
NUM COLUMNS=14168
NUM ROWS=15232
NUM BANDS=3
COLOR BANDS=0,1,2
PIXEL WIDTH=0.5 arc degrees
PIXEL HEIGHT=0.5 arc degrees
BIT DEPTH=24
SAMPLE TYPE=Unsigned 8-bit Integer
PHOTOMETRIC=RGB Full-Color
BIT_DEPTH=24
SAMPLE_FORMAT=Unknown Format (0)
ROWS_PER_STRIP=1
COMPRESSION=None
ORIENTATION=row 0 top, col 0 lhs
PIXEL_SCALE=( 0.5, 0.5, 1 )
TIEPOINTS=( 0.00, 0.00, 0.00 ) --> ( 545516.0000000000, 6331312.0000000000, 0.0000000000 )
MODEL_TYPE=Geographic lat-long system
RASTER_TYPE=Pixel is Area

yes, no compression. though I am not an expert. I have fought a Little with this. something to say: the proyection, it must be wgs84, and Geographic (Laatitude/Longitude) it's a common mistake.
The .inf file seem to be correct if "sourcedir=sorcedata" and destdir are the folders where you have the data

Country
us-illinois
Hi Gary,

followed all your advise and successfully exported everything.

however running a file through resample produces no bgl but I get a successful completion message.

my inf file looks like this:

[Source]
Type = GeoTIFF
SourceDir = "SourceData"
SourceFile = "aalborg_large_area_A2.tif"
Layer = Imagery
Variation = Day
NullValue = 0,0,0

[Destination]
DestDir = "Output"
DestFileType = BGL
LOD = Auto,16
CompressionQuality = 85

not sure where I have gone wrong

UPDATE*****

just ran the example tif over resample. I see the it processing and completing the resample. but there is no bgl output...

could it be I have compression LGZ selected on export? should this be no compression?

Hi Philip:

I have edited my post above to add the "No Compression" setting for GeoTIFF output on export from Global Mapper; this is optional, but can substantially decrease processing time by MSFS / P3D SDK Resample.

AFAIK, use of the "No Compression" setting for GeoTIFF output on export from Global Mapper would not have any effect which causes failure of MSFS / P3D SDK Resample to output a BGL.

I am curious as to whether before submitting your source imagery GeoTIFF and INF files to P3D SDK Resample, you first created the "SourceData" and "Output" folders specified in your INF ?

Also, see my questions in the following copy of the INF file you originally posted above:

[Source]
Type = GeoTIFF
SourceDir = "SourceData" // <- does this folder actually exist ?
SourceFile = "aalborg_large_area_A2.tif" // <- is this file actually inside the "SourceData" folder ?
Layer = Imagery
Variation = Day
NullValue = 0,0,0

[Destination]
DestDir = "Output" // <- does this folder actually exist ?
DestFileType = BGL
LOD = Auto,16
CompressionQuality = 85

GaryGB

Last edited:
hi gary,

output file is indeed there.

but when the file is being processed it never shows that status. just goes straight to completed. so it never processes anything. By this I mean the 1%, 10% progress etc.

I attached a photo of the folders I created

Hi Philip:

I have edited my post above to add the "No Compression" setting for GeoTIFF output on export from Global Mapper; this is optional, but can substantially decrease processing time by MSFS / P3D SDK Resample.

AFAIK, use of the "No Compression" setting for GeoTIFF output on export from Global Mapper would not have any effect which causes failure of MSFS / P3D SDK Resample to output a BGL.

I am curious as to whether before submitting your source imagery GeoTIFF and INF files to P3D SDK Resample, you first created the "Output" folder specified in your INF ? :scratchch

GaryGB

Attachments

• folders.jpg
    folders.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 623
  • complete_but_no_file.jpg
    complete_but_no_file.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 617
reinstalled the SDK, problem still exists.

command prompt shows me this

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Philip>cd..

C:\Users>cd..

C:\>cd Program Files (x86)

C:\Program Files (x86)>cd Lockheed Martin

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin>cd Prepar3D v2 SDK 2.5.12946.0

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 SDK 2.5.12946.0>cd Environmen
t SDK

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 SDK 2.5.12946.0\Environment S
DK>resample c:\P3D-aalborg\AalborgScenery\aalborg.inf
Resample Info File: 'c:\P3D-aalborg\AalborgScenery\aalborg.inf'
[Source] Type = 'GeoTIFF'
[Source] Type = 'GeoTIFF'
[Source] SourceDir = 'SourceData'
[Source] SourceFile = 'aalborg_A2.tif'
[Source] Layer = 'Imagery'
[Source] NullValue = '0,0,0'
[Source] Variation = 'Day'
[Destination] DestDir = 'Output'
[Destination] DestBaseFileName = 'aalborg'
[Destination] LOD = 'Auto,16'
[Destination] DestFileType = 'BGL'
[Destination] CompressionQuality = 85

Elapsed time: 00:00:00

Compression statistics:

Totals:
Blocks: 0

Resample completed successfully.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 SDK 2.5.12946.0\Environment S
DK>

Attachments

• upload_2015-7-16_0-25-37.png
    upload_2015-7-16_0-25-37.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 653
Country
us-illinois
Hi Philip:

I updated my latter post (again):

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/global-mapper-export-question.434552/#post-715933

output file is indeed there.

but when the file is being processed it never shows that status. just goes straight to completed. so it never processes anything. By this I mean the 1%, 10% progress etc.

By "output file is indeed there", do you mean P3Dv2.x SDK Resample successfully created a "aalborg_large_a2" BGL file in the:

C:\P3D-aalborg\AalborgScenery\Output ...sub-folder ?

GaryGB

Country
spain
Always would be good to have some data you know is good. some little geotiff you could get and try with the same .inf text file. and things like that.

Hi Gary,

the command prompt windows states that, but in reality no bgl has been created nor did it attempt to as the progress bar never kicked in, whereas when I did the P3D example I saw the progress bar go from 0% to 100% in about 30 seconds.

Hi Philip:

I updated my latter post (again):

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/global-mapper-export-question.434552/#post-715933

By "output file is indeed there", do you mean P3Dv2.x SDK Resample successfully created a "aalborg_large_a2" BGL file in the:

C:\P3D-aalborg\AalborgScenery\Output ...sub-folder ?

GaryGB

together in the attached image is my folders and inf file.

I changed the SourceFile to be incorrect to see if it picked that up. and indeed it failed when I typed the incorrect SourceFile changing it back caused no errors.

Attachments

• folders_and_inf_file.jpg
    folders_and_inf_file.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 746
Country
us-illinois
Hi Philip:

Download Ollyau's "GeoTIFF to INF" utility at:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/geotiff-to-inf.119/

Next, please try this simple test: :idea:

1.) Create a "\TEST" sub-folder at ex:

C:\P3D-aalborg\AalborgScenery\TEST

2.) Inside that \TEST sub-folder, put:

* a copy of: Ollyau's "GeoTIFF to INF" utility (aka "GeoTiffToInf.exe")

* a copy of: "aalborg_large_area_A2.tif" output by Global Mapper

* a copy of: P3Dv2.x SDK Resample

3.) Inside that \TEST sub-folder, double-click GeoTiffToInf.exe

a.) In 'GeoTiff To Resample Inf' GUI:

(1.) Click "Choose a file" button
(2.) Browse inside that \TEST sub-folder, and select "aalborg_large_area_A2.tif" as the input file; click "Open" button

b.) Back in 'GeoTiff To Resample Inf' GUI, note the updated 'INF' parameter values on-screen; Next:

(1.) Click GeoTiff To Resample Inf GUI "Save resample INF" button (message box should alert that it saved the INF file)

3.) In Windows Explorer (aka "Computer"), within the:

C:\P3D-aalborg\AalborgScenery\TEST sub-folder

a.) 'Drag_And_Drop' the INF file created by GeoTiffToInf for the "aalborg_large_area_A2.tif" onto P3Dv2.x SDK Resample

Please let us know what your result is after this procedure. ;)

GaryGB

Last edited: