FSXA GMAX - Certain Lofts Missing Texture after export

Hoping someone can shed some light on a very strange thing which I've been fighting with this since I started this project.

Creating standard GMAX ground polys but certain lofts don't export correctly. Wireframe view shows both lofts exported as MDLs, but only one has the texture displayed - despite it being the same texture sheet. (note it is one large loft and a separate smaller loft to the right)

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

Leads me to think something is wrong with my UVW map on that smaller loft? But I can't see anything obvious...Am I being stupid here?

Many thanks,

Update: Deleting all associated objects and starting from scratch solved this. That includes the lines used to create the lofts (before I was just relofting the same lines to try and find the problem.

Potentially something to do with lines being copied and pasted as I think GMAX doesn't like that. Feel free to delete this thread Mods. Thanks

Just a thought, which occurred to me when you originally posted, and became more likely now that you've said you used copy/paste here. Did you 'mirror' any lines or lofts when you did this? This can mess up nor-mals (I've added the dash here as my PC keeps 'correcting' this to 'normal'!) So your objects are probably visible, just underneath rather than on top....
This is a long-standing problem with GMAX, making it necessary to only use the Mirror tool on sub-objects, such as vertices.

tgibson

Resource contributor
I have never had problems using the Mirror modifier on entire objects, instead of using the Mirror tool. You add the Mirror modifier as you would any other (i.e. Edit Mesh, etc.). I avoid the Mirror tool (i.e. button) altogether.

Just a thought, which occurred to me when you originally posted, and became more likely now that you've said you used copy/paste here. Did you 'mirror' any lines or lofts when you did this? This can mess up nor-mals (I've added the dash here as my PC keeps 'correcting' this to 'normal'!) So your objects are probably visible, just underneath rather than on top....
This is a long-standing problem with GMAX, making it necessary to only use the Mirror tool on sub-objects, such as vertices.
Looks like the normals were indeed flipped which is worth knowing going forward - thanks so much. Can't believe I didn't think to check that!