P3D v4 Gpoly edges do not export

Hello everyone so I have been encountering this error. I have made edge polygons(lofts) for Gpoly . When I export it to MCX it does not show there when I load in the exported .X file into ground polygon wizard. Now if I import the file normally using the import option it loads up the same thing but if I go under the polygon (Upside down) it shows my edges perfectly but edge polygon in 3dsmax is not flipped or anything. I do not why this is happening any help would be appreciated!

in 3dsmax :

1559983783866.png

in MCX (gpoly wizard) :

No edges
1559983884373.png

in MCX (Normal Import) Upside down view :

1559983930956.png

Merge the 2 mdl's if not done already and then make sure the edge material has a higher (more negative) layer when using the GPW.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hi,

If your polys are not flat on the ground they are probably being removed by the ground poly wizard. There may be a setting for that, but they probably should all be flat on the ground, I believe?

Merge the 2 mdl's if not done already and then make sure the edge material has a higher (more negative) layer when using the GPW.
They are in one file ,tried higher values it didnt work

Hi,

If your polys are not flat on the ground they are probably being removed by the ground poly wizard. There may be a setting for that, but they probably should all be flat on the ground, I believe?
Hi I have them at ground at 000m they still dont appear in GP wizard

So I tried increasing the size of lofts but the issue is still unsolved they are messed up when I try to import them on gpoly wizard however the weird thing I noticed is when I import normally using import it appears there without any error but if I import it again it shows this mess again and also it loads up for a second it shows my edges correctly in gpolywizard but in a sudden it just hides and shows this little messed up polygon
1560177692200.png

Once you have made sure that the 3DS Max model is flat, load it in MCX. Look at the grid to see if it is really the case (like Tom said) . If not, you can always use the 'move' option to lower it to 0 alt. You can check if it is OK in the Object information tab where the Z axis should be both at min and max 0. Then compile the model again before you use the GPW.
Are you sure you did not assign various layers already in 3DS? Does MCX show only one mdl and not two?
You could send us the mdl if you do not manage to get it right and see what is the matter with it and provide (probably) some solution.

Once you have made sure that the 3DS Max model is flat, load it in MCX. Look at the grid to see if it is really the case (like Tom said) . If not, you can always use the 'move' option to lower it to 0 alt. You can check if it is OK in the Object information tab where the Z axis should be both at min and max 0. Then compile the model again before you use the GPW.
Are you sure you did not assign various layers already in 3DS? Does MCX show only one mdl and not two?
You could send us the mdl if you do not manage to get it right and see what is the matter with it and provide (probably) some solution.

Hey, I have checked they are on the grid and flat.
The alt is already 0
Z-axis min and max are also 0

I didn't get your point about assigning various layers. I usually just work on workspace without changing anything and making all the polys on that.
I export it as .X file using p3d sdk for 3dsmax so its one file and not two (so I am not sure how MCX would show 2 mdl files however its just one file)
after following what you mention it still didn't work.
I am attaching it below the .x file in a zip which I export from my 3dsmax of the edge.

Attachments

From what I can see in the x file, is that you have one mdl with a material called 'edge' with a Z-bias of 8 (= what I call 'layer'). Export as an object to make it a P3Dv4.4 mdl (not sure if this is necessary).
Import in the GPW and set this material layer to (e.g) -32 and see if it now shows up above the polygon.

From what I can see in the x file, is that you have one mdl with a material called 'edge' with a Z-bias of 8 (= what I call 'layer'). Export as an object to make it a P3Dv4.4 mdl (not sure if this is necessary).
Import in the GPW and set this material layer to (e.g) -32 and see if it now shows up above the polygon.
I tried it, unfortunately, it didn't work.