• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Ground polygon

Messages
224
Country
sweden
Hi guys:o

I have installed ADE Beta1.60 for making taxilines with ADE Poly Editor.
I can create a line but the polygon is 1 meter above ground as you can see on
picture "cockpit view" I choose "single yellow" as you can see on pic.3.

The line I get in FSX is yellow but without the black lines, pic "Top down"

I can live with the solid yellow but not with the line 1 meter above ground.
I have been reading a lot on the forum but did not find anything so I have to bother you again and ask for help.

Best rgards:
Floda
 

Attachments

  • Cockpit view.jpg
    Cockpit view.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 572
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 601
  • Top down.jpg
    Top down.jpg
    588.9 KB · Views: 540
I think you will find the answer in the bold type at the bottom of Page 11 of the ADE-GP user manual, available here.

Don
 
Poly ground

Hi Don.

Thank you for the fast reply but page 11 does not explane anything to me.

I'm sorry , I am to stupid when it comes to this poly ground thing.

Regards.

Floda
 

Attachments

  • Page 11.jpg
    Page 11.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 455
floda, you are looking at an old version of the manual. I gave you the link so you could get the latest version (to which I was referring).

Don
 
Gp

Hi again Don.

When I click at the link you gave me I land at this site and when I click the one
at top I am back at the same manual.

Sorry to bother you .

Regards

Floda
 

Attachments

  • Link.jpg
    Link.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 559
There are several versions of the manual in that thread. Go to the latest post and you'll find a link to the latest version there.

Don
 
Pg

Hi Don.:)

Thank's for enlighten me and the line is now at ground level.
I want you to know that I don't use this forum d.e lazyness . I try to read as much as possible before taking atvantage of the forum.

My biggest problem is My poor English and to understand all those terms.
But so far we have solved all my problems wich I appresciate much.

Now I can create yellow lines but I woulld like to make outlines (edge) type asphalt. Can you help me or tell me where to read about it.

Best regards:

Floda
 
Outlined poly are created identically to normal poly, but you specify an outline texture and width. See pages 4 and 5 of the user manual.

Don
 
And you can make lines with painted edges too - just specify a Backing Width and a Backing Texture.

Hope this helps,
 
Gp

Hi Don and Tom !

I won't tell you how man houers I have been struggeling with outlines because
it make me look even more dumm. I insert an attache file from my first step.

If you can explane step by step how to proced towards a yellow line with darker outlines looking simular to default lines in FSX.

I think thats the fastest way to get rid of me ,and I would be ver happy.

Best regards.

Floda
 

Attachments

  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 545
Just draw the line as you normally would, specify a backing texture and a width for that texture. You won't see any other indication on either the GP Editor or the ADE display. The backing will, however, be rendered on the FlightSim display.

In the screenshot you attached, you appear to be replacing FS taxi lines. Unless you use the FlightSim's taxiway_marks texture (first adding appropriate textures_def and line_def entries (see User Manual page 12 onward) those lines won't match your other taxi lines in color.

If you do adapt taxiway_marks for use with ADE_GP, you won't need line backing because the backing is already on the texture.


Don
 
Hi,

First thing - specify a line texture instead of a polygon texture. That will give you a line style to work with. I suggest using gp_PatternedLines_40F, which includes a Single Yellow line style. Then use Dark Asphalt as your backing. Note I am using Feet here, so you will have to divide my width numbers by 3 or so:

attachment.php


and here is the result in FS:

attachment.php


Hope this helps,
 

Attachments

  • ade_gp_74_1.jpg
    ade_gp_74_1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 806
  • ade_gp_74_2.jpg
    ade_gp_74_2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 906
GP Finito

Hi Don and Tom :o:)

I bow to both of you for your kind support. This forum is heaven on earth.

Don, a smarter guy would have understud your advice but I am not that guy.
I still do appreciate your effort to help me.

Tom, it took me 5 seconds to create a line after having a look at your picture.

I vill now make taxi lines all over the airport:))

Thank you and all the best for your good work. (GP is a great tool with ADE)

Floda
 

Attachments

  • Thank You.jpg
    Thank You.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 551
Curves !

Hi Georg !!

You are very brave, I might ask you how to make those smooth curves.
B.t.w. can you tell me where to find version 0.0.74 GP ?

I am still high after creating my first line so I will give you a rest but I'll be bee back.

Best regards to all of you.

Floda
 
0.0.074

Thank you Tom !

I have downloaded 074 and installed.
I have a lot explore,and GP has made a lot of thing possible. (thank's Don)

Wish you a good day.

Floda
 
Simple question !

Hi Tom, Don and the rest of helpful guys;)

I can now make taxi lines (in GP) and first question is; can I create a line 1020m. long in one piece or shoul I divide it in smaller parts.

Second question is:Wich line has lowest flickering. 1Yellow with asfalth outside liens or,2 pure single yellow. I like the look of yellow plus outside but I notis that pure yellow has less flickering. Straight forward view.

Just want to check if this is a correct notice.

Thank you in advance.

Floda
 
can I create a line 1020m. long in one piece or shoul I divide it in smaller parts.
The ADE-GP compiler will automatically divide your objects into segments of 100m or less per side when you compile for FSX.

Wich line has lowest flickering. 1Yellow with asfalth outside liens or,2 pure single yellow. I like the look of yellow plus outside but I notis that pure yellow has less flickering. Straight forward view
There should be no flickering (i.e. Z-fighting) with any color. Is that what you mean by flickering or do you mean something else?

Don
 
Z-fighteen

Hi maestro Don.

I might meen the same thing but using the wrong word.

It looks like the line dissappeares and comes back when taxi and it looks
even a litle bit like "dashed lines".

But less with solid yellow.

Hope you understand my home made English.

Regards.

Floda
 
Back
Top