• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Help me with "Ground Polygon" please

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi Dayou,
I think the method I show you is the way to solve the problem of white line across the ground polygon border. However, you cannot solve the problem of minimal miss match of each ground poly. Even in high quality payware there is still some seam that you can see by the post of Alfonso.

Country
algeria
Hi jtanabodee,
Thank you very very much for your help and for your care in me.
I've done what you said but nothing happens. I'm now doing the work another time in 3ds Max, maybe it can fix the problem.
For this
"Even in high quality payware there is still some seam that you can see by the post of Alfonso."
Yes I know, I can barely see the lines in the payware sceneries. But for me, I want at least to remove the big white and black lines which appears crearly on the ground.
I hated this problem really, it's really very sickening when I see the lines on the ground.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!
Dayou

Country
yugoslavia
Hi guys,
I didn't want to open another topic but here is my problem.I made photo ground with sBuilder and tried to make runway with parking space in FSDS then compile in mdl and then with ModelConverter to make BGL for this area.My problem as visible on picture is overlaping.Is it possible to fix this or is there any other way to make high quality runway?
Thank you

Attachments

• grass airport problem.jpg
    grass airport problem.jpg
    871.5 KB · Views: 405
Country
brunei
from what I understand so far that i'm learning as well. Ground polygons should go into ModelConverter and use the groundpoly wizard. Then stack them by layers and layers. But i'm not sure if I'm right cause i'm still learning as well. We might have to wait for the experience ones.

Country
colombia
Hi miljan. as nawrr said you should utilice Ground poly wizard from ModelconverterX to ubicate the runway in the correct coordinates and then set the layer you want for the runway, you should test what layer is the correct to ubicate the runway over the scenery made with Sbuilder setting in the ground poly wizard either 4 or 8 or 12 or 16 or 20 or 24. until the runway is over the scenery. and then go to set the next layer over the runway example the number of the runway and if the runway is set in the 24 layer you must set the number in the layer 28 to avoid that trouble. I hope you can understand cause I don't speak english correctly.

Best regards,

Alfonso.

Country
unitedkingdom
For the time I've been creating Ground Polys, I've found a 2 pixel offset to be no where near enough.

Unfortunately, it's an issue with most game engines, especially when using mip mapping. This is why most textures are "padded out", and UVs are never on the boarder of a texture.

The method I use to avoid this, is to pull the UVs in by 10 pixels, not 2. That will fix the issue with the "lines" showing on the ground poly. You can create Photoshop actions to compensate for the 10 pixel offset, avoiding image quality loss or breaks in contiguity.

-Russ