• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX How to find specific texture

I'm wondering is there any way to find a specific texture in FSX? I'd like to color correct some ground textures so they blend well with surrounding textures (FS Global) and for best result I'd need the original texture from FSX texture folder. Is there any quick way to find the specific texture for this specific area? There are so many of them and I need one specific (or a bit more for seasons). What would be the best way to do this?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You would have to check which landclass is assigned and then you can find the textures that belong to it. With the TMFViewer tool you can load the landclass BGL and see which classes are used.

Which landclass do you mean.. cvx files in P3D/Scenery folder? I found the one for the specific area but can't see any references to any textures in TMFViewer. Where should I look?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
TMFViewer will show the landclass number, which you can use to find the texture.

Where the landclass bgl is depends. It can be in an addon scenery folder, or it can be the global files of FS itself.

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Is it possible to know which particular landclass texture variation will show for a specific location?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I'm not sure. I think there is an algorithm for it, since the results in FS are consistent, but I can't remember that I ever saw that described.

Country
germany
Maybe this will help http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/re...g-and-visual-reference.81/download?version=81.
Look in "FSX Land Class Table by Holger Sandmann v3.xls"
My Steps:
1. Open tmfviewer.exe.
2. load worldlc.bgl go to the location you want (Menue Jump/Lat Long..).
3. move cusor around and you can read at the Buttonline by "Value" the Landclass Value.
4. open "FSX Land Class Table by Holger Sandmann v3.xls" look at Column "A" to the line with the Value of you Landclass Value and in Column "C" you can read the Texture prefix.
5. go to your MainFSXfolder ...\Scenery\World\Texture and search for your Texture prefix and you found your Textures.
I hope This help
Wolfgang

Last edited:
Where the landclass bgl is depends. It can be in an addon scenery folder, or it can be the global files of FS itself.
I was talking specifically for FTX Global textures, which overwrite default textures, not addon scenery.

Maybe this will help http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/re...g-and-visual-reference.81/download?version=81.
Look in "FSX Land Class Table by Holger Sandmann v3.xls"
My Steps:
1. Open tmfviewer.exe.
2. load worldlc.bgl go to the location you want (Menue Jump/Lat Long..).
3. move cusor around and you can read at the Buttonline by "Value" the Landclass Value.
4. open "FSX Land Class Table by Holger Sandmann v3.xls" look at Column "A" to the line with the Value of you Landclass Value and in Column "C" you can read the Texture prefix.
5. go to your MainFSXfolder ...\Scenery\World\Texture and search for your Texture prefix and you found your Textures.
I hope This help
Wolfgang

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

Country
unitedstates
Is it possible to know which particular landclass texture variation will show for a specific location?

Yes :)

imprint_filenames.jpg