• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Issues and Suggestions

Country
unitedstates
Well, I appreciate the undertaking of this project so much that I am waiting for the opportunity to pay for another ProKey.

First, a few minor items for consideration:

1. Creating a new project always gives me undesired folders:

./ContentInfo
./MatrialLibs
./scenery
PackageSources/materials folder

file_structure.png

2. I would appreciate that the xml files be formatted, not continuously indented ... particularly the <package>.xml in PackageDefinitions. But Notepad++ can do this.

3. It would also be convenient to add the manifest.json to the PackageSources folder when creating a [Blank] project.

I am certain there are many, many other more important details yet to be worked out, so just offering these as possible additions to the "To-Do" list.

Thanks for the work,
Dale

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
And now for the two actual errors I've found. And, another that you (sort of) asked for if encountered.

1. It appears that ADE does not read the falloff distance for a runway with a terraform profile. I've checked the "shared file" after a save from Dev Mode to confirm the correct value, then checked ADE after refresh and the raw data/properties window shows falloff is zero.

2. For a runway that is exactly 2254 meters long, in ADE I aligned and created a parallel taxiway (using one apron piece). Here's how the two ends looks in ADE:
ADE_view.png

That guideline at the top of the taxiway is also exactly 2254 meters long, also confirming the size/length in ADE.

However in the sim, there is a size problem:
In_Sim.jpg

Each end extends a little over 2 meters past the end of the runway. Which makes the long dimension about 0.19% larger than that demonstrated in ADE.

3. From the Model List, when adding a model, I received an error:

model_error.png

The model was still added to the list and was properly added to the shared file.

3.b. Have no footprint for this model. For what it's worth, it's a model of a cable stayed bridge, so there is not much that actually touches the ground.

Not too concerned about this latter bit, because any model I add specifically create for one airport is something I will almost certainly place in Dev mode.

Still really, really happy about being able to once again use helper shapes.:)

Cheers,
Dale

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Update:

When I manually add the falloff value to runway's terraforming properties in ADE, it was saved correctly. So, it is only reading the value that isn't accomplished.

I clipped both ends off of that long apron that is standing-in for a taxiway, so that they could be handled individually. And, when aligned to the runway in ADE,... they still both extend past the ends of the runway in the sim. . . . And then it occurred to me the runway is sloped. That means from a top-down orthogonal view of the runway, it will not appear to be full length.

Had a lot of hope, but the difference was minor. Less than a half meter, nothing like four. So, still don't know.

Dale

Last edited:
Country
italy
Well, I appreciate the undertaking of this project so much that I am waiting for the opportunity to pay for another ProKey.

First, a few minor items for consideration:

1. Creating a new project always gives me undesired folders:

./ContentInfo
./MatrialLibs
./scenery
PackageSources/materials folder
View attachment 73315

2. I would appreciate that the xml files be formatted, not continuously indented ... particularly the <package>.xml in PackageDefinitions. But Notepad++ can do this.

3. It would also be convenient to add the manifest.json to the PackageSources folder when creating a [Blank] project.

I am certain there are many, many other more important details yet to be worked out, so just offering these as possible additions to the "To-Do" list.

Thanks for the work,
Dale

I have the same problem.
Marco

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I'll pick up on the folder structure. ADE creates a standard set so I am not quite sure why you want to remove some or its a problem. If they are unused then I can see it perhaps. At the moment things will need to stay the same way. I have folder structure as a task on the list

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I am now back from a trip and will take a look at the above items in more details. Thanks for the information

Country
unitedstates
I'll pick up on the folder structure. ADE creates a standard set so I am not quite sure why you want to remove some or its a problem. If they are unused then I can see it perhaps. At the moment things will need to stay the same way. I have folder structure as a task on the lis

I have always had the ContentInfo inside PackageDefinitions,
MaterialLib inside PackageSources & Packages
scenery inside PackageSources & Packages/<project>

Basically, the only folders in my top-level project folder are:

_PackageInt
PackageDefinitions
Packages
PackageSources

Of course the extra PackageSources/materials folder does not matter to me, I just delete it (unless I will be using it).

Thanks,
Dale