• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Issues with Exclude

Country
us-ohio
Thank God I shave my head....else I'd be YANKING my hair out.

So, as per what SHOULD be done, I created a nice happy EXCLUDE on my KCVG to eliminate all the stock buildings, taxi signs, etc.. YAY, it worked great. However, it also removes all the Jetways I turned ON. BOOOO!

Another issue that I don't think it related to the Exclude but can't be 100% sure. I had created the apron for my cargo area some time ago. It's always looked fine. I had not done the passenger side aprons until today. I also did ALL the FLATTENs for the airport. When I compiled and fired up P3Dv4 not only were the jetways missing but the aprons I created all around the passenger side of the airport did not exist.

I am uploading what I have so maybe someone will see what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Attachments

• KCVG - GDS.rar
    925.7 KB · Views: 125

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
If you are working from a stock airport loaded into ADE then it will provide micro excludes for each scenery object such as generic buildings, library objects, taxi signs and so on. You should not need to add your own exclusion rectangle - just delete objects in ADE and they will go in sim. Also it is bad practice to put a big exclusion rectangle over the airport. As you found it will exclude things you don't want excluded. Also overlapping exclusion rectangles are known to cancel each other out. If you must place your own exclusions then make sure they don't cover any object you want to retain.

A better way could be to get ADE to put the micro excludes in for you. To do this:
  • Make a backup of your project file to work with and load that
  • Use Tools > Remove Stock Data to get a clean field
  • Use Tools > Load Stock Data to add back stock objects and their micro excludes
  • Delete the objects you don't want to see one by one in ADE. The micro exclude is left behind - they are hidden in the ADE display to reduce the risk of accidental deletion or moving them - and it should take care of the deleted stock objects for you

Country
us-ohio
Ok...I wonder, Jon, if this doesn't speak to the problem I posted earlier.... When I first started working with stock KCVG loaded and I would compile the stock buildings were gone. Not the taxi signs but that wasn't my big issue at that moment.. THEN, after a massive crash and rebuild from a bgl of my compiled airport all the buildings were back and would NOT go away. Thus, someone told me to do an exclude to remove them.. I was not aware of the micro excludes... I'll give your suggestion a shot.. As always....THANK YOU!!!

Greg