• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Jetway Configuration

Country
unitedstates
Jon, a quick request if possible. Could the copy build to community be put back with a tick to turn off for those who currently don't like it. But those who do (like me) can continue to use it? Thanks.
Gelomare
It's really not a convenience issue since it only takes two mouse clicks to copy the package to the community folder from the File dropdown menu, but it serves as a reminder that the package needs to be copied for it to show up in MSFS.

Country
unitedstates
I'm not making any progress figuring out how to properly add jetways. I found that anything I did to modify the default jetways had no affect in the sim, so I tried adding a jetway. The connection to the building did not occur as I understood it should (screenshots attached). The raw data view indicates that a minilink was automatically selected, but the link in MSFS seems to go on forever. I have seen payware airports with the jetways placed without any link with the turret touching the building. Is there any way to add a jetway without a link to the building?

jetway2.JPGjetway1.JPG

The inability to change the default jetways includes the inability to delete them even though they are shown revised or deleted in ADE.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
I guess I will have to take back all those bad things I said about Jon ;). I deleted all the gate parking spaces in the default MYNN and put back my own with added jetways, and it worked perfectly. Well, a little manual tweeking was necessary. The automatic selection of connectors left one short of the building connection, and I had to manually change it to the next longer connector (changed micro to mini). I didn't pay attention to instructions on positioning the jetways outside the dashed circle because it wasn't possible. I did keep the turrets outside the circle, and everything seems to work fine. Aircraft are parking in the spaces, but I haven't seen a jetway connect. However, I wasn't seeing that with the default jetways either.

jetway.JPG

Country
unitedstates
I guess I will have to take back all those bad things I said about Jon ;). I deleted all the gate parking spaces in the default MYNN and put back my own with added jetways, and it worked perfectly. Well, a little manual tweeking was necessary. The automatic selection of connectors left one short of the building connection, and I had to manually change it to the next longer connector (changed micro to mini). I didn't pay attention to instructions on positioning the jetways outside the dashed circle because it wasn't possible. I did keep the turrets outside the circle, and everything seems to work fine. Aircraft are parking in the spaces, but I haven't seen a jetway connect. However, I wasn't seeing that with the default jetways either.

View attachment 71170
The gates look good. Its progress and it will get better. Thanks Jon!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom

View attachment 71170
Art - have you set DeleteAllJetways to True in the project?

1616654717221.png

You need to do that to get your own jetways to show up or stock ones appear deleted. I guess you have done that? The latest alpha should set it to true for new projects

At the moment there is no way to have a sim object only jetway made in ADE. I can add that to the list but in the short term could a micro link be hidden in the building to give the same effect?

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
It's my bad. I had read what you said about deleting them but could not find that raw data view. Now I see that you just press ctrl-enter with nothing selected. I'll try to do better.

The micro links work fine.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
It's my bad. I had read what you said about deleting them but could not find that raw data view. Now I see that you just press ctrl-enter with nothing selected. I'll try to do better.

The micro links work fine.
No worries :)

I am going to release HF3 today which defaults to using the Property Grid (RDV) for editing rather then the incomplete Common Property Dialog. This means there is no need to use Ctrl+Enter to open the RDV. User selectable but I am getting bug reports from folks using the Common Property Dialog which is has missing properties etc. I would like to retire the Common Property Dialog for the RDV

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You need people like me testing your work. Otherwise it will never be made idiot-proof:).
I am always very grateful for any testing. It needs different people from different backgrounds who will try different things.

Country
unitedstates
I have witnessed one jetway connecting to an airliner since the advent of MSFS, and it was a jetway added using ADE alpha 18. Proof is attached

jetway.JPG

I have searched major enhanced airports and have seen no other connections to aircraft. I have seen the jetways move (rarely) only to pass through the aircraft and connect to the building. It appears that something is broken and it ain't ADE.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I am pleased to hear that. Jetways have been something of a trial to sort out

Country
australia
Jon/Dick
Has there been any further progression on Jetways? I'm struggling with YMML. I originally used ADE19 with 2 way edit on but have sort of jumped on wanting to add extra 'stuff' and hence am forced to use native In Tools Dev. I'm willing to go back to ADE but will take some rework. Having said that, (and more a question for Dick) have you seen ANY jetway connect to an actual aircraft (AI). Neither the ones I add nor default do it. I read what you said Jon about the DeleteAllJetways (which I have done) and that does not appear to make the in-sim or my added ones work. Using Native Dev, I get the upside down/humpback Jetway_Link connector issue @art209 got pictured above.

Below are default InSim placed but they all face away from the aircraft - do they need to be rotated? And their (poor grammer o_O) Jetway_Links are all inside the terminals, nor do they appear to be connected to the ASO_Jetway
1625804280478.png

This is a mixture of mine and default - The top 2 are mine and the remainder are default with me "fiddling" although is this necessary??
1625804482121.png

IF I switch back to ADE, could I do the following:
1. Create the project as two way from the default
2. Modify the XML directly by copying from my In-Sim version
3. I know I'll lose stuff but what specifically - polygons?

Should I wait for the next ADE release or just bash at it. I've been focusing on small airports and POIs with Blender models so really haven't used ADE lately but now, given the complexity of this airport, it's time to utilise it again

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
First off - I haven't done any more work on Jetways. Second I have been told by others that jetways don't appear to work but I have no first hand experience of that.

I don't think the next update of ADE will help with jetways. I am fixing stuff related to library objects and user models. I know I need to do more work to make the two way share cover everything.

Country
australia
Ok thanks Jon. So I might still step back and ADE it and have both running to see the short falls from my point, not just in Jetways but I can't remember what ADE can and can't (LOL Native probably can't either)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There should be a list in the notes of things that are two way and those not. User Models are not but that is likely to be handled in the next update or the one after that

Country
unitedstates
As I have posted before, placing jetways using ADE is working fine for me once I got familiar with them. As far as the jetways attaching themselves to AI aircraft, the jetways added with ADE and those in default airport scenery seem to act the same. That is, they sometimes attach and sometimes do not. Since I haven't flown any airliners in MSFS, I have no experience in what happens when jetway attachment is requested to the aircraft being flown.

Country
australia
LOL - Got one!

1626074768124.png

Actually, quite a few - all the ones where I turned the default MSFS around so the correct end faces the plane.

1626074933862.png

connomar

Resource contributor
Country
us-minnesota
Has anybody managed to reduce the height of a Jetway? Regional Jets often use small Jetways, about 14ft top to ground, but I cannot find a way of reducing the height, though I suspect burying the mechanism 6 ft into the ground is an option. There is an Offset Value, but I think this only changes the Jetway relative to the ground.