P3D v4 JPEG ISSUE?

Just curious....when I put a particular jpeg of a terminal building in the Library Object manager...

Versions:
Application 01.79.7475.29407
Engine 04.75.7475.29405

save as well as the thumbnail...i set to extremely dense and the object shows up...i do the same thing to another jpeg..exactly and it shows in the library thumbnail..set it to extremely dense and it doesn't show up.....any ideas..is it the naming of the jpeg (example xxxxx_xxxx.jpg....or xxx-xxx.jpeg or is it a texture issue....Is there a way to check it.

Thank you,
Bob M.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Shows up where? Not in sim because images are not compiled so in the LOM? in the ADE display when you mouse over an object? thumbnails are not subject to image complexity they relate to library objects if there is a match. Image complexity relates to the appearance or not of a library object and, of course, if the object is not displayed then neither will the thumbnail.

The link between a thumbnail and the object is via the object guid. The thumbnail is named with the object GUID and object name if there is one

1595838895127.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Thank you....hummm... I will study this one. maybe the BGL is in FSX format....not sure and thats why p3dv4 can't see it....Novice at all this stuff....I have mccarran terminal in the library and can see it but I believe it came with p3dv4....trying to grasp.....
Warmest and Bestest,
BobM.
You screenshots show objects for McDonald's

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Jon...I imported the bgl and I have renamed the textures accordingly...and i am wondering do I need to convert this to something that p3dv4 will see...like material editor or something....something with the gui...at as a p3dv4 object or what?

Sorry..I am a pain in the arse but I never give up...lol....thick headed of Scottish descent...

BobM.
Textures are part of the object. Thumbnails exist only in ADE to show what the object looks like. We seem to have changed topics to converting an object from one sim version to another. Can we separate the two please?

When you say import do you mean to ADE via the Library Object Manager or something else?

Ok..I finally got it......now how can I just get this scenery to show up in V5 :)....have pro key installed. I had some issues with falling scenery but I flattened the whole airport and that seems to be ok now.

Thank you,
BobM.

Last edited: