• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 learning process

Country
maldives
Let me start at the end of your message:
When something goes wrong, rather than immediately blaming the tool or imagining some deficiency, your first reaction should be to examine your terrain choices and ïnstructions to TS Pro.
I never called your tool bad or broken and especially I did not invent flaws/deficiency!
Your instrument, as I said above, is amazing, it allows us to do easily and quickly what I could not do manually :stirthepo
Please understand this, I love this tool!
Such instruments must have a monetary value!

But i'm just learning and some things are completely unclear to me even after reading the instructions, most often I need a concrete example to understand...

As I indicated above, this line is not the source of your problem. Sloping polys cannot cross QMID11 boundaries. Therefore, TS Pro spits them at QMID boundaries.
Sorry I do not quite understand what is meant...
Why does the vertical line not only divide the flattening line in half, but also break it?
For example, in another project there are vertical and horizontal lines of the grid, but they do not refract flattening lines?
ok lines:
oklines.jpg

not ok:
notoklines.jpg

How can I make it so that it was like in the screenshot ok?
Or in case of ok, the horizontal line is not QMiD?
I'm confused...

Thank you, I needed the right direction in this question :teacher:

As the user manual says, not all operations can be undone.
yes, I understood it before, as you said about it above.
just in this case, it seems logical to me if a window comes out with a message that it is impossible to undo
and in our case we get a critical error message, this is of course a trifle and not a big problem, but if you have free time and a desire to fix it, please do it:stirthepo

Your problem was that you specified and existing data in the QMID 11 areas should be deleted. Roads and creek - which were in another file - are also confined to QMID11 areas. Consequently, they were not displayed.
I think I'm starting to understand...
when exporting the question was this: do you wish replace all existing terrain data in this QMID 11 cell?
I clicked yes, and since the orbx vector terrain data has a lower priority, its data is no longer displayed?

Last edited:
Country
maldives
Sloping polys cannot cross QMID11 boundaries. Therefore, TS Pro spits them at QMID boundaries. You have used terrain type AB_Flatten for both your flatten and the blend nodes. TS Pro has no information to select the landclass. Change your blend nodes to a landclass type and your problem should go away. You may also have to change the flatten nodes type to control map class
I think I solved this problem, just use a different polygon with a different type of terrain on top of the first(right on top of each other):

The polygon under the airport has a terrain type: AB Poly MaskClassMap(or we could other choose the desired type of terrain) + AB Flatten, blend nodes are of type AB Flatten only.
Now sloped flattening even at the intersection with a horizontal line (areas QMID11) does not change the type of terrain (now only what I need, only AB Flatten type of terrain!)
In addition, the ravine( at the intersection with a horizontal line )also disappeared, everything is fine! I didn’t even try to do it qualitatively :teacher:
Nevertheless, we get great result thanks to the sculptor!:wizard:

okVEPY2.jpg

okVEPY.jpg

okVEPY+TS.jpg
I use a submarine to capture height, it is more stable on the surface)))

source test project from here:
---
p/s

but I’m still interested to know why so:
For example, in another project there are vertical and horizontal lines of the grid, but they do not refract flattening lines?
ok lines:
oklines.jpg

not ok:
notoklines.jpg

Last edited:
Country
maldives
Why what?
why there are new lines highlighted in red, after the intersection of QMID11, if there were no intersection of QMID11, then these lines would not appear?

and please use a color darker than yellow for your lines
I tried to change the color but the color change system has led me to a standstill;(
I will try to solve this problem later, sorry...

Attachments

• IMG_20200205_100847.jpg
    IMG_20200205_100847.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 160

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Without taking the time to analyse your project and reproducing the issue, I cannot comment on those specific lines.

If you haven't already done so, it might be helpful if you referred to the Terrain SDK, particularly the Vector Attributes section of the SDK. I suspect it will answer many of your questions as to why things are done the way they are.

Country
maldives
Hi!

It looks like the new version has broken for me or am I doing something wrong again...
I can not choose the type of terrain for Blend Outline:
Blend Outline.jpg

And, would also be glad if you fixed this message error, when trying to create a sculpt node at cursor or AC(if sim is connected) is if nothing was selected before:

error mess .jpg

Attachments

• error mess.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Country
scotland
Hi Don

I can confirm having the same problem trying to add Blend Outline using your latest version. Went back to previous version to get the job done.

Iain

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The Blend Terrain should be easy to fix. Not so sure about the error message. I'll try to make another release this weekend.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just uploaded Version 2.1.03 to http://stuff4fs.com which fixes both issues.

The problem with starting the Blend Poly was due to me having disabled a piece of code to facilitate testing of the earlier release and not re-enabling it. Regarding the sculpt node issue, the problem was that the Sculpt Node list had never been "started". That being said, the context menu item "Place sculpt node at cursor" should not have been enabled under that circumstance - and now is not.

Country
maldives
which fixes both issues.
very fast, thanks! :stirthepo

but since, probably I have a talent to break an tool, I accidentally got another new error again:
this error is not always observed, I don’t know what it depends on:scratchch
perhaps it’s easy to fix and make the tool even more perfect:wizard:
---
I also wanted to ask, is it possible to add a smoothing function for the polygon? or a function will auto create node through the specified distance between nodes?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Are you just trying to break the tool or are you attempting to use it to generate airport terrain. I can duplicate the error if I first resequence a node to the top, then to the bottom and finally up. This doesn't sound like productive work.

I appreciate such errors shouldn't exist, but there's such a limited user base for this tool I can't help feel my time is better spent improving other tools - unless of course the error is getting in the way of doing something useful. If it is, then I'm happy to work on it./

Country
maldives
Are you just trying to break the tool or are you attempting to use it to generate airport terrain.
I was just trying to learn functions that were incomprehensible to me, I did not try to break your tool intentionally...

I appreciate such errors shouldn't exist, but there's such a limited user base for this tool I can't help feel my time is better spent improving other tools
I totally agree with you!

Fix it only if you think it necessary and you have free time for it, even if you don’t do it, it doesn’t mean that someone will be unhappy and consider your tool to be bad...

you are the creator of great tools, besides all this is free, no one dares call it a bad thing and be unhappy, and if there are any, then let them create something similar on their own!
---
and I also wanted to ask you what you think about adding new features about which I wrote above?
is it impractical and takes too much time?

Last edited:
Country
maldives
Hello Don!

I had free time for tests and I immediately had problems with the new version:

1)right after creating any type of nodes I can’t move it(with mouse to any place), to make it possible to move the node, you need to save the project and then open it and only then it becomes possible:(
in the previous version, I could do it right away:scratchch

2)when creating blend nodes, invisible nodes appear which I did not create,I delete them and they appear in other placeso_O in the previous version this problem was not...
blend.jpg
Check it please:stirthepo

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I infer from a later post in another thread that these issues do not appear in the latest development release.