• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Library Creator XML 1.0 errors

Country
england
Just download the new version and I get the follwing errors:-
  1. Export as API or SCM = Run-time error '6' Overflow
  2. Check for updates = Run-time error '339' Component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I'm using Windows XP Professional.

David

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi David,

Thanks for reporting these errors.

PakMac said:
Export as API or SCM = Run-time error '6' Overflow

Can you give me some more information? How many objects does your library contain for example? And are any macro file created in the folder of your XML file before the error occurs?

PakMac said:
Check for updates = Run-time error '339' Component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

OK, it seems the file I use for the internet connection is not really common :). Does the file not exist at all on your system? In that case I might have to provide it with the tool.

Country
england
Hi Arno,

At the moment my library only contains one object, there is part of an API created:

; API created with XML2API
; to get the same size as when placed with XML scale 1.0
; use scale 0.5 when placing the API
mif(0)
Area( 5 %1 %2 1 )
RotatedCall( :symbol 0 0 %5 )
Jump( :endsymbol )
:symbol
RefPoint( 7 : 0.1 %1 %2 )
Points( 0
and a 0kb scm file.

I searched both of my computers for MSWINSCK.OCX. I'll have a look for it on an old computer which has Windows 98. In the mean time I've looked on MS Knowledge Base I don't know if any of the topics are of use to you.

David

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Thanks David. Could you maybe sent me your MDL and XML file? I guess something crashes when reading the MDL file. This file is read to determine the shape of the symbol in the macro.

About the OCX file, I will have to include it in the future, as it seems not to be that common as the other VB runtime files :).

Country
england
OK Arno attached is my MDL and XML files. This maybe where the problem is, as the MDL is only a box as an attachment point for an effect, which I use as a light source for my taxiway center lines. It is much easier placeing it with a macro attached to a line in FSSC.

Cheers
David

Attachments

• GreenDot.zip
    1,004 bytes · Views: 358

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi David,

OK, found it. Your MDL has a very big bounding box (don't know if that is due to the attached objects or some other strange behavior of MakeMDL). But therefore it does not fit in the variable I used to store it and that gives the overflow. I see how I can fix this (you are probably not looking for a very big symbol in FSSC either).

Country
england
Thanks Arno,

Reduced the bounding box in the asm, and it now creates the API and SCM files with no problem. :)

Thanks again
David

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
OK, good to hear that :). I will try to build in some code that skips the symbol if it becomes too big or so.