• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Limited Support for AIFP

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have recently received some personal health news that will severely impact my ability to continue to support AIFP at the level to which some of you have
become accustomed. However, please continue to use and enjoy the latest general release.

I will attempt to respond to your queries. Beyond that will have to be on a case-by-case basis.

Country
france
Don,
Very sorry to read your post!
You are a cornerstone of flight sims improvements, and the whole community owes you so much!
Health issues are of course by far most important than anything.
My best wishes and thoughts to have you as quick as possible out of the "discomfort zone".
Greetings from (a rainy) Paris, France

Country
unitedkingdom
Don, I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope that your health issues are tackled quickly and successfully. All the best to you.

Country
unitedkingdom
Don,
let us hope that the medical experts can get you back to good health as soon as possible so that you can relax again. Best wishes.

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks for the kind words, guys. Unfortunately, recovery may not be among the possibilities, but I'm not going without a fight

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Unfortunately, recovery may not be among the possibilities, but I'm not going without a fight
🥺 Don, your message makes us all sad. We just can immagine what your words mean (recovery may not be among the possibillities....). Dont give up the fight!
I just want to thank you here for all what you have done to our flightsim community, and i am sure I speak for all here. Your AIFP was and is one of the main programs i often use to insert new flightplans to get airport informations, analyze airport traffic etc etc
I am sure you have other priorities at this moment than AIFP support and i beg the simmers to respect what Don said, he cant respond in a manner he usually did.

Don, sincerely dont give up the fight! We all want to see AIFP Versions 3.5...3.6....3.7 under your name! God bless you !
Alex, LSZH

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just relabeled Development Release 3.4.3.14(c) to General Release 3.4.3.15. and it is now available from http://stuff4fs.com - since many none expert users seem reluctant to use development releases, Beyond that, I am no longer able to make changes to, or offer a level of support for AFLT in which I can take any pride, But, if you post questions, I will attempt to answer them. I'm afraid what you've got is all there's going to be.

I would much appreciate it if a few of you who are running 3.4.3.14(c) would install the new general release and confirm that the renaming process was successful

My website will likely disappear this coming summer. The latest release of all my major tools will be available from the Resources section of fsDeveloper. (I am unable to test extensively.)

Thanks to those who offer kind comments when I first announced Limited support for AFLT. They were much appreciated

Country
italy
All this made me very sad. Feeling that you have health problems ... I have been following you for many years now ... you have been a point of reference for me, with your tools, and you will still be ... A big hug Don.
God bless you!
Giovanni, LICF

Country
unitedstates
Don,

I am so sorry to hear that you have received this news. I will go to battle with you and for you.
I am a retired internal medicine physician and am available to help you gain understanding of what you are going through can translate anything your docs tell you. I know in this day and age most physicians don't seem to have the time to really talk to their patients.
Will be praying for you and your loved ones. I will send you my email via PM and I am serious when I say you can reach me day or night during your battle.

Country
france
Just reading this sad information, and so sorry to learn about Don's passing... A generous, brilliant, very helpful, friendly and true gentleman has left for "the other side of the mirror"!
Don, your troubles in our world have come to an end, and for sure you will keep an eye from your side on your family, friends and relatives, as well as all these flightsimmers and developers who owe you so much!
RIP, and be sure we will keep you in our memories!

Country
denmark
A giant among us has passed away. RIP, Don.

I hate to take this topic up, but... who might be going to carry Don's torch from here on and support or maybe even develop AIFP now?

Jorgen

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Just picked up this very sad news from another post. Don will indeed be sadly missed. Without his wonderful AIFP the FS skies would be very empty.

Country
australia
How terrible especially as it seems Don only lasted 8 months after receiving the health news. RIP Don.

Country
us-northcarolina
I did not realize that Don is gone until I read this post. I have been praying for him daily since this first. He's in a better place now God bless him. He will INDEED be missed.