MCX Error

Hello Guys
Today I downloaded MCX Latest Development , and when I try to Input my WaveFront OBJ I got following Error Massage Below:
12:53 PM AssimpReader Error Error loading unmanaged library from path: Assimp64.dll, see inner exception for details.
is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)

Appreciated fo ur Help....

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Is the file assimp64.dll in your MCX folder? Also do you have the Visual C++ 2015 runtime files installed?

Is the file assimp64.dll in your MCX folder? Also do you have the Visual C++ 2015 runtime files installed?
Yes The assimp64.dll is located in MCX Folder and Visual C++ 2015 is Already Installed on my Pc ! I noticed that The error Occur when I import The wavefront file Format in MCX , other Formats work fine for me , Converted same file using stable version to MDL without any Problem .

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Does the collada format also work? That also uses the assimp library. Maybe the dll got corrupt or so.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Ok, let me check the size on my machine when I'm behind my laptop again tonight.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
5000 kB is right, that's the size on my machine as well. I just downloaded the latest development release to see if there is anything wrong with the download, but it works fine here.

Maybe you can try to re-download just to be sure?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Can you check that MCX is really running as a 64 bit process on your machine? The error might also indicate that it's trying to load a 64 bit DLL into a 32 bit application.

If your OS is 64 bit MCX should normally run in 64 bit mode automatically. And if the OS is 32 bit it will run as 32 bit.

Yes I'm running win7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit , Converted same file using Stable version To FSX mdl and then Import output MDL to Latest release and it working Fine.... Check Out the attached Pic Please... this is the same file in FSX MDL

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
But if you look in the task manager, is the process really running as 64 bit? Of course you can still run in 32 bit mode on a 64 bit OS as well.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Yes, it is, else you would see *32 behind the name.

I really have no idea why the assimp DLL fails to work on your machine then.