• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MCX Error

Country
iran
Hello Guys
Today I downloaded MCX Latest Development , and when I try to Input my WaveFront OBJ I got following Error Massage Below:
12:53 PM AssimpReader Error Error loading unmanaged library from path: Assimp64.dll, see inner exception for details.
is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)

Appreciated fo ur Help....

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Is the file assimp64.dll in your MCX folder? Also do you have the Visual C++ 2015 runtime files installed?

Country
iran
Is the file assimp64.dll in your MCX folder? Also do you have the Visual C++ 2015 runtime files installed?

Yes The assimp64.dll is located in MCX Folder and Visual C++ 2015 is Already Installed on my Pc ! I noticed that The error Occur when I import The wavefront file Format in MCX , other Formats work fine for me , Converted same file using stable version to MDL without any Problem .

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Does the collada format also work? That also uses the assimp library. Maybe the dll got corrupt or so.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I expect the same error there to be honest.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
What's the size of the dll file in your installation?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Ok, let me check the size on my machine when I'm behind my laptop again tonight.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
5000 kB is right, that's the size on my machine as well. I just downloaded the latest development release to see if there is anything wrong with the download, but it works fine here.

Maybe you can try to re-download just to be sure?

Country
iran
Ok for Sure , Today I'm at work I'll re-download it Again Tomorrow and Tell u About the result , Thank You so Much.

Country
iran
Hello Arno
I re-download The package again , Still Got that error !! :(

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 190

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Can you check that MCX is really running as a 64 bit process on your machine? The error might also indicate that it's trying to load a 64 bit DLL into a 32 bit application.

If your OS is 64 bit MCX should normally run in 64 bit mode automatically. And if the OS is 32 bit it will run as 32 bit.

Country
iran
Yes I'm running win7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit , Converted same file using Stable version To FSX mdl and then Import output MDL to Latest release and it working Fine.... Check Out the attached Pic Please... this is the same file in FSX MDL

Attachments

• Untitled_21.jpg
    Untitled_21.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 218

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
But if you look in the task manager, is the process really running as 64 bit? Of course you can still run in 32 bit mode on a 64 bit OS as well.

Country
iran
Alright so How can i check this using task manager ? i guess it's run on 64 bit Mode

Attachments

• Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yes, it is, else you would see *32 behind the name.

I really have no idea why the assimp DLL fails to work on your machine then.

Country
iran
I'm Suspicious to my Anti Virus Software ... I have To disable it and extract the package again let me see what happen

Country
iran
Useless ... Same Error again.. How and where i can Download the Previous Version of MCX ?