• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Mdl to X

Messages
50
Country
unitedkingdom
Is it possible to turn a MDL FILE back to An X FILE, So you can edit in notpad to point at a diffrent texture file?


I have edited a pylon texture for start finish gate but need to texture a default pylon mdl with the new texture, before compiling back to libary bgl.

this would save me time rather than building a fresh one in 3dmax and trying to get it to look exacatly the same as the default pylons.

Cheers

Redeye
 
Last edited:
OK then at the moment the answer is no I think.
 
Cheers Scrufyduck

Cheers Scrufyduck

I have default pylon textures edited in photoshop now, so ill just build a pylon in 3DSmax and match it the best i can, should look pritty uniform with edited default pylon textures.:)

Cheers

Redeye
 
Hi,

No, I haven't seen a tool for that, so I would design my own object it I were you.

Besides that even if you could get the X code, it is not only changing the texture name what you want to do. The GUID of the object is also stored in the X file for example and after your changes that could not remain the same. So I think designing your own object would make your life a lot easier.
 
Back
Top