• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Missing textures

Country
belgium
Hey!
I have an airport installed, EBLG, and I cannot see the trees around that airport. Apparently the textures of theh trees are missing, because I can see all the crossing spaces wherez trees should be, but the trees themselves I don't see.
The airport is based on an AFCAD2 and it is in the scenery.
Can I see, e.g. using ADE, which the names are of the missing textures, and then go and search for these textures somewhere on the internet?
In other words: can I find out which texture file is missing, I need the name of it, and then I can search on the net for that texture file and add it to tje texture folder of the scenery of EGLG
Jive1 - Belgium

Last edited:
Hey!
Annexed is the file of which apparently a texture file is missing. Could somebody find out which name the texture file has, it is a tree of which a few hunderds are in the scenery. But I cannot see them because the texture file is missing;
Grtz
Jive1 - Belgium

Attachments

• eblg-arbres-b.bgl
    5.8 KB · Views: 450
That file does not contain that information. The object's GUID is 67677891dbc1cc0d5f111ee9c4cbf15c, but is not a huge help.

If you have Instant Scenery 3 (payware) you could do a search for all objects in that area which would give you the name of the library BGL file that contains that tree. Then you could load that BGL file into ModelConverterX, find that tree (using the GUID) and it would tell you the name of the texture.

If you don't have IS3, you could try loading all the BGL files in that scenery into ModelConverterX, find the tree, and get the texture name. If the text file says it requires some addon libraries, load those BGL files into MCX too.

Hey!
With BGL2XML.exe I have found that following GUIDs are in the files in the mentioned scenery:
67677891dbc1cc0d5f111ee9c4cbf17b
67677891dbc1cc0d5f111ee9c4cbf15c
67677891dbc1cc0d5f111ee9c4cbf13b
67677891dbc1cc0d5f111ee9c4cbf16c
67677891dbc1cc0d5f111ee9c4cbf13c
67677891dbc1cc0d5f111ee9c4cbf34c
67677891dbc1cc0d5f111ee9c4cbf15b
As I understand, it should also be OK if I could find a GUIDs library where all those GUIDs are in?
Further,
- I have "Flight1_instant_scenery_2_setup.exe" but I never have used it, is this version OK?
- and I have also "ModelConverterX" and also this one I have never used.
So, I don't really not very well understand how to proceed....
What should I do next in order to find the missing textures?
Grtz
Jive1 - Belgium

MCX could help, if you know what bgl is the culprit. you can load it and see all the information, guids, textures, etc.

Hey!
Tejal Bernardo,
I can load each separat file of the scenery, using MCX, and I can see thumbs of the textures, but...
I do not well understand what you mean with "the culprit", and what I should do with that file. Is it a file in the Static objects folder, or should it be a file in the texture folder of the scenery?... Or how should I uderstand what you say. I'm not very well in the picture of these things... Sorry.
Grtz
Jive1 - Belgium

The culprit would be the bgl where the trees are as objects. Rethinking a little are you sure those trees are not "autogen trees" ?.
don't hink they are object or custom trees. anyway it's a Little confusing you are supposing there sould be trees. but it's not sure at all.

Back