• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Mouse area for DDI button

Messages
57
Country
canada
Hi all
I'm trying to use a mouse area on a 2D popup gauge panel that will operate the same as the default DDI button.
I've tried dozens of different "script" entries, but so far nothing works.
Can any one advise.

<MouseArea id="button_00">
<FloatPosition>75.000,8.000</FloatPosition>
<Size>30,30</Size>
<Tooltip>
<DefaultScript>Button 0</DefaultScript>
</Tooltip>
<CursorType>Hand</CursorType>
<MouseClick>
<Script>(L:ddi_l_btn_00,bool) 1</Script>
</MouseClick>
</MouseArea>
Many thenks
Gary
 
If your intention is to set (L:ddi_l_btn_00,bool) to the value 1 every time you click the mouse area, then try 1 (>L:ddi_l_btn_00,bool) instead of (L:ddi_l_btn_00,bool) 1
 
If your intention is to set (L:ddi_l_btn_00,bool) to the value 1 every time you click the mouse area, then try 1 (>L:ddi_l_btn_00,bool) instead of (L:ddi_l_btn_00,bool) 1
Thanks rpmc
Will give that a try.
 
No joy
The mouse will change to the hand when hovering over the spot, but when clicked it does nothing.
The DDI button on the 3D VC screen operates fine. I'm just looking to duplicate it in a 2D popup panel I'm trying to make for a weapons selector for Tacpack.
It has me stumped ......
 
Well kinda rpmc.
The DDI button arms a weapon. If I can get it working in a 2D gauge, I can use it on other aircraft .... if that makes sense.
I just want a clickspot on a 2D panel to simulate the default DDI button.
Not sure its possible .....
 
It is, if you write to the exact same variable as on the 3D gauge.
 
Thanks Heretic

The variable in the modeldef.xml for the 3D DDI_L_btn_00 button is:
<MouseRect>
<Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
<MouseFlags>LeftSingle</MouseFlags>
<EventID>0x00011100</EventID>
</MouseRect>

I think I need to convert that to "gauge" XML for it to work in a 2D popup panel.
I need to find out how to put an event ID into a gauge I suppose.
I'll experiment some more and see if I can figure how to write it.

Thanks all

Gary
 
Back
Top