• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Moving vasi up

Country
unitedstates
Hello,
I'm a newb to airport design, and I'm trying to add a biasY value to my vasi to move it up off of the ground, but biasY doesn't seemed to be defined in this "schema." Does anyone know how to edit the schema to add a field like this or another method of doing it?

Code:
Code:
<Vasi
            end="PRIMARY"
            type="BALL"
            side="LEFT"
            biasX="150.0F"
            biasY="10.0F"
            biasZ="5555.0F"
            spacing="0.0F"
            pitch="3.5"/>

Error:
Code:
ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using FSX BglComp....

Parsing document: C:\Program Files (x86)\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 9x\FSX\work\loadFrom.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2033: XML Parse Error (line, column, error)

ERROR: 758, 25, The attribute 'biasY' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2522: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  COULD NOT LOAD MESSAGE C2522
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2031: Failed element parse <Vasi>
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2032: XML Parse Error!  Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData 
ERROR: 	version = 9.0
ERROR: >
ERROR: 	<Airport 
ERROR: 		country = United States
ERROR: 		state = California
ERROR: 		city = Lemoore
ERROR: 		name = Lemoore NAS
ERROR: 		lat = 36.3327466696501
ERROR: 		lon = -119.951630830765
ERROR: 		alt = 233.996F
ERROR: 		magvar = -15
ERROR: 		trafficScalar = 0.7
ERROR: 		airportTestRadius = 16404.2F
ERROR: 		ident = KNLC
ERROR: 	>
ERROR: 		<Runway 
ERROR: 			lat = 36.3472305983305
ERROR: 			lon = -119.951286613941
ERROR: 			alt = 233.996F
ERROR: 			surface = CONCRETE
ERROR: 			heading = 156.050003051758
ERROR: 			length = 13500.0F
ERROR: 			width = 200.0F
ERROR: 			number = 14
ERROR: 			designator = LEFT
ERROR: 			patternAltitude = 600.0F
ERROR: 			primaryTakeoff = YES
ERROR: 			primaryLanding = YES
ERROR: 			primaryPattern = LEFT
ERROR: 			secondaryTakeoff = YES
ERROR: 			secondaryLanding = YES
ERROR: 			secondaryPattern = LEFT
ERROR: 		>
ERROR: 			<Vasi 
ERROR: 				end = PRIMARY
ERROR: 				type = BALL
ERROR: 				side = LEFT
ERROR: 				biasX = 150.0F
ERROR: 				biasY = 10.0F
ERROR: 				biasZ = 5555.0F
ERROR: 				spacing = 0.0F
ERROR: 				pitch = 3.5
ERROR: 			>
ERROR: 
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!

Parse complete!

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
I tried, it didn't work. It never crashed it, but it gave me the error that it wasn't to be used with this element, which was odd, because I added it under the vasi element.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well chances are it is in the compiler itself generating the error. Some things are in the schema but others are coded into the compiler. There is no Y bias available for Vasi/Papi. Just X and Z.

Country
unitedstates
Is there any other way to make the vasi move up so it wont be in the ground?

My error is very old and I tried to tackle it again (see here)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Not that I know of. There is no separate altitude setting for them. I think they are tied to the runway altitude. I suppose you could create custom effects for the lights but then they are not going to behave correctly by identifying the correct glide path.

Country
england
You could make your own in gmax with LIGHT_NAV, then tweak the ASM file with a Separation plane.

David

Country
us-hawaii
I assume that's how most of the more advanced airport sceneries do it -- they model their own lights rather than relying on the ones generated via the runway element.

scott s.