• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS KLN 90B integration

Country
germany
I have created a KLN-90B for MSFS:

Here are a few screenshots:
nav5.jpg
nav1.jpg
fpl_apt.jpg
SelfTest.jpg

Pretty much everything is simulated, but my problem is, that I now have a GPS, but no aircraft. I know how to code, but I don't know 3D modelling or animations. Is there anyone who would like to help me integrate the KLN-90B into one of the default aircraft or into their own aircraft? It should preferably be freeware, so that I can start a public beta test with pilots who know the real unit.

Hi,
One of my current creations is a Consolidated PBY-5, originally fitted with a KLN90B.
I had started modelling this instrument very modestly (gmax and blend), but I don't have any code to interact with this 3D model.
Are you interested?

I downloaded your project and found a lot of .ts and .tsx files. I know C, C++, javascript and HTML/CSS for MSFS but I don't know the language you use.
What language do you program in and how can you use it under MSFS?

Hi Didier,

the PBY-5 would be a perfect fit. How far along are you in your project and will it be payware or freeware?

What you see in the repo are the source files, written in Typescript. To use those, you would need a node installation and run npm build --prod to compile it. If you just want to use the finished version, the easiest way is to download the compiled package from the release page:
You can then simply download the falcon71-kln90b package and unzip into your community folder. You will then need to add a Vcockpit entry in your panel.cfg:
Code:
[VcockpitXX]
size_mm = 860,388
pixel_size = 860,388
texture=$KLN90B_Screen
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/GPS/KLN90B/KLN90B.html, 0, 0, 860,388

H Events are use to interact with the device, you can see the list here:

For animations, there are a few L Vars:

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
Dennis

I must have been living under a rock, I did not know about your project. I just downloaded it, it is a very beautiful aircraft you have there, I love it!

Yes, the last two links show you all current H Events and L Vars. For example the H Event "KLN90B_LeftLargeKnob_Left" would turn the left outer knob counterclockwise. It works quite similar to the GNS 430 in that regard. I hope the names are self-explanatory, let me know if you need any help.

I'm looking forward to your implementation!

Fully working project assembled. The MAKS 2023 model is in the original sources. All animation works and tune. It is fully integrated into any model,
studio project
XML:
[VcockpitXX]
size_mm = 860,388
pixel_size = 860,388
texture=$KLN90B_Screen
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/GPS/KLN90B/KLN90B.html, 0, 0, 860,388
, or by connecting an external module or attach model with described in SDK.

If used as an embedded model, you can assign an additional menu for moving the device to install it in the right place.
2023-05-28_211040.jpg

Attachments

• 2023-05-28_211040.jpg
    2023-05-28_211040.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Back