• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MSFS Marketplace Partner Program

Hi all,
I had applied to join the MSFS Marketplace Partner program, last year. I had edited and updated my application a month ago. I also sent two emails (to msfsim at microsoft.com) inquiring about the situation of the application. But still haven’t received any return or feedback from the MSFS marketplace team.

Do you have any advice, any tips or pointers to get a response for this application? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Country
france
Have you already some scene in the market ? like simmarket or self hosted or other..
It could help your application.

Also, do you have a professional website / profile ( I mean compagny name with vat number etc ?)

Our application was recorded very fast but, by luck, they contacted us first to join them so I guess it was more easy for us

Thank you Luicid.

I have 4 scenery products in Simmarket, I indicated 3 of them in the application. I have the website and company name. But it seems to me that the application hasn’t been even touched yet. It says “Application in review” for months ☹. I don’t know maybe my product scale is not enough, but since there is no feedback…

I'm in the same position (coming up for 3 months), so I'm planning ahead based on never getting access. So far the delay has suited me, giving me more time to fine-tune things, but sooner or later I'll need to release something. Quite disappointing if I can't get access.

Hi Toprob, it seems there is some group of developers in this situation, I'm searching if there is more to this other than being unlucky, or how to beat this ill luck :)

Country
france
I hope you will be included soon :)

By the way, did you try to make a 2nd application ?
Maybe it can help Idk

Good luck and have a nice day

Country
germany
Exactly the same for me although I had 3 questions from them each one in a seperate email once a week but they didn't sound like they are really interrested in a partnership. They asked about testing an price and what I've done so far... but not in a compehensive way just 1 question in an email and as I said an other question a week later. Regards Guido

Country
germany
Is there any indidual getting partner in this program at all? As anybody heard of anyone who became partner finally?

Reactions: tml

tml

Country
finland
Yeah, I can only agree with what some people say above; the application form does almost make it sound as if they don't want any fresh developers to join, but only companies who have been in the business for years. Which is sad. I mean, if they believe in their own product, they should also believe that MSFS is able to pull in new content producers who until now have been doing other kinds of business. Personally I especially like the fact that you can protect your IP using encrypted packages. Which is almost essential if you for instance use 3D models licensed from third parties.

Compare to for instance Apple's developer program. To join, you don't need to convince them that you will be able to produce nice and useful apps. They don't ask for your credentials in the software business, or whether you even have ever use Apple computers before. (They do review your eventual apps before allowing them into the App Store, and that is good. That should be enough for Microsoft, too, to review products when they eventually are submitted to the MSFS Marketplace.)

tml

Country
finland
Is there some way to amend one's application? I submitted mine last weekend but have heard nothing at all from then since. And I now realise that I should have attached screencasts of the aircraft I am working on, instead of reference links to non-flightism software I have worked on...

Edit: There is an email address mentioned, I sent email with a link. Let's see what happens...

Last edited:
Country
australia
I applied back in August last year. They asked for some more information once (information I had already sent in the original application). After hearing nothing for months I finally got an email last month saying I had been accepted but I haven't done anything about it since.

tml

Country
finland
I applied back in August last year. [...] After hearing nothing for months I finally got an email last month saying I had been accepted
Oh wow. Really strange. Why does Microsoft do it like this? Has Microsoft mentioned anything about the partner programme at all in these monthly (or however often they are) video Q&A sessions, I wonder...

I had applied to the program last August similarly, and a few days ago as a proof of life I received an email from MS (Probably as an answer to my inquiry email) briefly acknowledging they received my application and since they were overwhelmed by their workload they slowed down the new program partner recruits, but they foresee to proceed regularly when the going gets more normal. Now I continue to wait patiently but with more hope 😊😊