• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MSFS Toolkit by Nool Aerosystems

Country
us-northcarolina
Sent an email regarding obtaining a commercial license of my own. I do already have the program.

Country
mauritius
The link for the toolkit/program is broken.

Chan someone share this tool please?

MSFS2020 does not provide high resolution terrain for my location i.e Mauritius. I have a high resolution Geotiff for my location that I successfully converted to BGL to be used in FSX and P3D which I sahred in Flightsim.com and elsewhere but same cannot be loaded in MSFS2020. Thanks in advance for your support.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
The link for the toolkit/program is broken.

Chan someone share this tool please?
Earlier in this thread: Why the toolkit is currently unavailable
And no, we are not supposed to share this program. Paavo will make it available when he is satisfied the unauthorized commercial use of it has stopped, and he has been compensated.

A better approach is to nag Asobo to release their tools to create CGLs. They have promised us they would do so, but still have not... months and years later. (Similar to seasons)

Country
us-illinois
I agree with the importance of getting a Terrain SDK from Asobo released for the MSFS developer community to work with ASAP.

We need a documented MSFS 3D world Terrain quad grid tile vertex coordinate set that is "known and calculable" for all LODs that are intended to be accessible for current- and future- use in MSFS Terrain scenery development.

GaryGB

Country
unitedkingdom
Earlier in this thread: Why the toolkit is currently unavailable
And no, we are not supposed to share this program. Paavo will make it available when he is satisfied the unauthorized commercial use of it has stopped, and he has been compensated.

A better approach is to nag Asobo to release their tools to create CGLs. They have promised us they would do so, but still have not... months and years later. (Similar to seasons)

That's like penalising paying customers for piracy when piracy won't ever go away and one just alienates paying customers offering a worse off product than pirates, as much as I appreciate where you are coming from and read the thread. If one makes a tool to benefit the freeware community doing this just penalise said community working to make the sim a better place for all of us, or fun for whoever just enjoy developing freeware for people to enjoy. I fully support the developer of the tool to pursue any legal avenue, however said people already have the tool.

Asobo is chasing too many things and of course it is a game developer I doubt even a fraction of the team still work on MSFS full time :)

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
CGL is mesh, world object placement, and aerial imagery. I fail to see how this would contribute to piracy. We can already do this with tools provided by Asobo. Creating with CGL is a more efficient method.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I just keep reading whatever messages are here so I can see when it's available again. :wave:

(Please don't close the thread 🙏)

Country
us-colorado
Looking forward to the new updates for the tool. Hopefully these licensing issues are resolved soon.

Country
australia
I know I'm late to the party, and I've waited 32 years for the data I've been needing to work on some sheer cliffs in the city I grew up in. Paavo I sent you an email asking about a commercial license (even though I'll be using it for personal reasons I think you should be honored and compensated.) If there's any way you could reach out to me about a commercial license I'd appreciate it. I'm dying to get this data into MSFS as FSX/P3D while simple to generate DEM just don't cut it for me anymore.

Country
italy
You are spreading copyrighted software. This post is reported
The software came with an EULA that doesn't explicitly prevent sharing the package

I'm really sorry about the abuse some dishonest sellers did with Pavoo's tools. Maybe be should also revoke the Eula and fix License page

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

Country
us-colorado
Is there currently an alternative to this method, specifically its elev offering?

I have my airport's DEM ready to go for input - shot an email a couple weeks ago to Nool / Paavo and tried a direct message him here with no success on figuring out how to obtain a license.

I'm just floored with any attempts to do it manually so far... the current SDK offerings are extremely tedious to say the least.

Country
ukraine
Is there currently an alternative to this method, specifically its elev offering?

I have my airport's DEM ready to go for input - shot an email a couple weeks ago to Nool / Paavo and tried a direct message him here with no success on figuring out how to obtain a license.

I'm just floored with any attempts to do it manually so far... the current SDK offerings are extremely tedious to say the least.
Same here. Been storming his email but no response. I hope he's ok.

Country
brazil
Hi Guys

I'm using msfs nool to generate the mesh of an airport. I generated the Tiff images by Ortho4XP, 4 in all, put them in a folder and generated a kml and a shp of the location. I run the command and it works. But when I enter the simulator, the terrain is all problematic.

Attachments

• imagem_2023-04-14_124747475.png
    imagem_2023-04-14_124747475.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 107
  • imagem_2023-04-14_124903793.png
    imagem_2023-04-14_124903793.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 101
  • imagem_2023-04-14_125037731.png
    imagem_2023-04-14_125037731.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 115
  • imagem_2023-04-14_125048486.png
    imagem_2023-04-14_125048486.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
Country
italy
Hello guys.

Has anyone already successfully tried "watermask" within msfs-toolkit?
Unfortunately this, for me, doesn't produce what it should, the .shp file contains no polygon.

Retrieved from https://msfs.nool.ee/tools/watermask/
"watermask
Watermasking tool watermask produces land and water polygons that replace stock seas, lakes and rivers. Given a border that defines the area you want to replace, and water polygons, it will build a MSFS terrain shapefile that you can directly add to your project. The resulting files are best placed into a separate project component (BGL type)."

Immagine 2023-06-01 215007.jpg