• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

msfsbglxml - convert MSFS (2020) BGL files to XML

Country
canada
Thanks Ryan,

I follow you with steps 1-5. I've updated modified a copy of the original .XML and it now has the new parking position data in it. How exactly do I re-compile this newly updated .XML file into a .BGL though?
Honestly, the easiest way is to just restart ADE after copying and replacing the ADE.xml with the newly updated xml and compiling it. ADE will not re-write the file as long as you don't make any modifications to it or save it.

Essentially from where you are:
6. Copy and replace the ADE xml with the duplicate XML
7. Start ADE with the target project. Do not make any modifications or hit save and just hit compile. If you end up making a modification,( even something as small as accidentally clicking a node), ADE will autosave when you compile and completely rewrite the file.

@Ryanosaurus13 Mate - You're a genius! After a bit of messing around and a few errors, managed to get codes into FlyTampas YSSY. Couple of hickups when I slight adjusted a couple of parking positions and the new XML wouldn't compile but I figured this was something to do with original taxiways not linning up with the new parking positions.

Adding partking positions shouldn't be this difficult - In any event - Got it sorted. Now, off to do iniBuilds EGLL!!

Thanks again!

Hi All,

Trying to use this MSFSBGLXML tool to convert inibuilds EGLL into an XML. This is the error I'm getting. Anybody got any advice? Not much I can do. The BGL doesn't open in ADE of course either so I thought converting to XML would be the best way of editing.

PS C:\Users\OWNER\downloads\bgl> .\msfsbglxml --bgl egll.bgl --xml test.xml
MSFSBglXml v1.1.20220130.072954
Using BglLib v1.1.20220130.072954

*** Use of this product is subject to your continued adherence to ***
*** the license terms previously displayed. ***
*** Run 'msfsbglxml --license' for a reminder. ***

- Processing C:\Users\OWNER\downloads\bgl\egll.bgl
- Reading BGL file...
* Warning: UNIMP: Airport subsection: type 88 is unimplemented
* Warning: UNIMP: Airport subsection: type 89 is unimplemented
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. (Parameter 'index')
at BglLib.BglObject.AirportChild.ApronEdgeLights..ctor(Byte[] buffer, FSAirportChildType aptChildType, UInt32 recSz, Int32 lBO, BglTreeNode parentTree)
at BglLib.BglObject.Airport.processSubEntry(Byte[] buffer, Int32 bufferPos)
at BglLib.BglObject.Airport..ctor(Byte[] buffer, Int32 lBO, BglTreeNode parentTree)
at BglLib.BglFile.readThisSection(SectPtr thisSectPtr, SectHdr thisSectHdr)
at BglLib.BglFile.readSections()
at BglLib.BglFile.readBgl()
at MSFSBglXml.Program.processBgl()
PS C:\Users\OWNER\downloads\bgl>

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The developer of this tool has not been active for some time so it may not be possible to fix the error listed here
The BGL doesn't open in ADE of course either

Perhaps you can expand on this. Which version of ADE are you referring to, There is a version for MSFS.

to convert inibuilds EGLL into an XML

Can you please provide more information about this bgl file? Is it from MSFS stock or MSFS enhanced airports or third party? Perhaps you can post the bgl file here so we can look at it?

Hi John, I'm using the current version of ADE, although to be fair the version number system you're utilising is a bit confusing. F20 (S) v20.22.8157

inibuilds are a large software developer. They develop scenery and aircraft for P3D and MSFS (among others). Their Heathrow was released back in February however was devoid of parking positions, so I thought I'd have a crack at adding some. As I saw, when I try and decompile their airport .BGL I get the above errors. As much as I'd love somebody to take a look at the BGL, I'd probably get into trouble for piracy...I'm guessing they don't want me posting their software online (even if it is just the airport .BGL)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
F20 (S) v20.22.8157

F20 is the Sim version supported (FSX/P3D etc)
(S) shows that you are using the Steam Edition of the sim or at least have set ADE to use that version for files etc
v20.22.8157 is the application version