• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Night Rendering

Hello Arno,
First of all I would like to thank you for the excellent tools you develop for FS and our greatest pleasure, Thank you.
I have a problem with MCX.
Despite textures conform to the "night" display in _LM format in BMP, in "night rendering" mode nothing happens, all the textures remain in "day" mode, only the background changes !
Moreover in normal mode, the grid is not displayed and I can't change the background.
I have the latest version of MCX dated February 22nd.
How to proceed in order to have a night display and the modification of the parameters.
Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Alro (Alain ROBERT)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Are you using the simple or the complex rendering mode (that's the teapot icon)? The simple render mode does not support all textures (also not the night textures if I remember correctly).

Thank you Arno for your answer.
Unfortunately nothing changes, night textures are not displayed and day textures are still displayed during the day. Can't change the background colors, click on the grid icon, nothing happens.
Click on the Teapot Icon, everything disappears!!! I'm disappointed, what can I do?
Attached day and night display
Best Regards,
Alain

Attachments

• 2021-02-23_17h51_13.png
    2021-02-23_17h51_13.png
    176 KB · Views: 13
  • 2021-02-23_17h51_45.png
    2021-02-23_17h51_45.png
    235.7 KB · Views: 13

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
What kind of graphics card do you have?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Hmm, it might be something with AMD graphics cards. My laptop has both an NVidia RTX 2060 high performance card and an integrated AMD Radeon for the more simple applications. When I force MCX to use the integrated card I do see the effect you describe (no grid, complex shader shows nothing, simple shader does show output).

So the good news I guess is that I can reproduce the issue. Now I need to figure out what causes this, because on both graphics cards the shader compiles without errors.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I spend most of this evening looking at this issue. I have found some issues that are caused because NVidia and OpenGL process the OpenGL different. So I have the object with the night texture to show on AMD again. But the grid does still not render. I'll see if I can solve that tomorrow as well.

Hello Arno,
Thank you for your reply.
I just wanted to make this clarification, I have a friend who owns a GeForce GTX1080TI (11 GB) which has the same problem as me !!!
Hope you will find out the why of this problem.
Have a good day,
Alro

Good evening Arno,
I found the version 1.3 of MCX, there is no problem, the night textures are displayed correctly as well as the grid.the problem does not come from the graphic card and it is so much the better,
I will not have to buy a new card.unfortunately this version does not manage the glTF.
Cordially
Alro

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Version 1.3 is very antique (almost 10 years old), so of course it does not support recent simulators. But I am still working on removing some legacy OpenGL code that at least on my machine gives the issues with AMD graphics cards. I am confident I can solve that in a few days and hopefully it will also work on your machine then.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I have just finished this fix. It was a combination of how different graphics cards handle not present data and also of how mixed legacy and more recent OpenGL code worked out. So I hope the preview does work again on any kind of graphics card now. At least on my laptop it works fine with both NVidia and AMD now.

The new development release will be online in about 15 minutes.

Hello Arno,
Thank you very much for your responsiveness, these days it's quite rare, thank you again.
Everything works perfectly, the grid, the night textures. It's perfect. 👍
I will come back to you later because I have a problem (again !!!) with the hard surfaces.
Regards,
Alro
PDM_Blen_1.png
PDM_Blend_2.png

Attachments

• PDM-30.jpg
    PDM-30.jpg
    588 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Happy to hear this fixed your issues as well.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hold the mouse over his name under his picture. A box will pop up and you can click the button Start Conversation.