• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

No BGLComp

Country
unitedkingdom
I have been away from FS for a year or two.Have had my Cdrive replaced.This has removed all my own airfield objects and just left the concrete.I am trying to reinstate the hangars,towers etc from backups.On the ADE map,the bottom left button is red.Clicking on it brings up message...can not find BGLComp...I am using W10 and FSXSE.I have installed P3D sdk.Using Settings and New user wizard I have scrolled through to Enviroment folder,and BGLComp is there.I have saved but still get the same missing message.

FSX:SE does not have an SDK. If I understand you have installed a P3D SDK - presumably the 1.4 version which is available from Lockheed Martin? If this is correct then have you actually pointed ADE at the P3D v1.4 SDK or at the stub SDK that appears with FSX:SE?

Settings > Options > Folders

1562340626098.png

You will need to use the buttons with '...' on them to select the proper folders for BglComp and Shp2Vec

I have used the buttons to scroll through the paths to the folders containing BglComp and Shp2Vec but still get Red button and message saying I will not be able to compile.When I click Compile ,it goes through the procedure as though nothing is wrong.I have put many of my scenery objects back into LOM,and some of them have replaced the black boxes.But the hangars and control towers objects do not show up.I have added an extra T2 hangar to an airfield and compiled and that now shows up on the scenery.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 01.png
    ScreenHunter 01.png
    672.3 KB · Views: 100
You are pointing ADE at the 'SDK' that is in FSX:SE

FsxCompilerPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK
FsxShp2VecPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK

This SDK does not work, is not complete and will give errors.

I am seeing some false positives on the Issue Manager with regard to not finding a compiler. Not sure what is causing those but in any case you need to point ADE to the P3D 1.4 SDK which you indicated you have installed. Then try again.

Peter as Jon states dont attempt to use the SDK in steam - If youve downloaded P3D 1.4 then Id suggest using the search routine in file explorer to seek the the compiler files you need (where you are going to sign post ADE to look ) then once youve found each using Notepad copy and past the address in to the notepad and save both together with a little explanation as a text file for future as it WILL save time when you go to ADE and sign post then files AND if you need to reinstall ever you have the route .

I think I understand what you both say.I have now used the buttons to scroll through, starting from the P3D folder.I originally installed FSXSE from a DVD and not had this problem.After the hard drive change,I reinstalled FSX from the dvd,but without my say so,it then seemed to start downloading it from Steam.Took about an hour.That may have messed up the SDK.So the bottom left button on the ADE map is now green,but I still dont have Tower or hangars.

I think you need to start a separate thread about the missing objects. it's difficult for us to keep track of there is more than one problem in a single thread.

Back